Chapter Seven

The Cute Weird Boy Will Be Mine

May 11th 2013

_______________________________________

Chapter Seven - Ridley King

There was a game I liked to play—it was called fake it, till they make it and I had been playing the game for over a year now and I mostly played it while I conversed with other celebrities and the goal of the game was to detect anything they did that was fake, like their smiles, laughs or even the compliments they dished and for a bonus round, catch them in a lie.

Of course, not that I could judge them for being fake because I had my very plastic moments as well, but the game was what kept things interesting and kept me hanging back at the various after parties I was invited to and stayed longer than half an hour to mingle.

But because there were no after parties and celebrities here—I took to playing the game on my friends and I use the term lightly because I didn't really know these people who sat with me and Caitlin at the lunch table this group of friends had taken claim of as our table.

And right at this current moment, I was roped into a conversation with a black haired, mocha skin, green eyed beauty named Cecelia.

''Must be really hard being in a long distance relationship.'' She commented in a low murmur.

I ran my fore and middle finger around my slightly parted lips while I continued to stare her down, but her eyes didn't connect with mine. Instead they were focused on the movement of my fingers with obvious interest which was hilarious because I wasn't trying to be seductive, I was merely feeling how dry my lips were and from the feel of them—I needed to add another layer of lip balm.

Or don't and get chewed out by Leah before she left for allowing my lips to look so fucking dry.

''Scarlett and I make it work.'' I responded after a moment and removed my fingers from my lips to reach into the front left pocket of the jeans I wore and pulled out the small tube of Blistex.

''Still, you must get lonely.'' Cecelia went on and her face was suddenly closer to mine, enough so that I could see the evidence of the foundation she used this morning.

''Eh, Scarlett and I Skype.'' I said offhandedly while I took off the cap of my lip balm and applied a thin coat to my lips, and damn, I was already lying and being fake before the player of my game.

''You can't very well Skype all through the night and you must miss her...touch.'' She whispered and I raised an eyebrow at her while I rubbed my lips together, but she just flashed me a coy white toothy smile. ''Could I use some of your lip balm?'' I glanced down at the lip balm in my hands before meeting her green eyes again with a frown. "Come on, it would be like an indirect kiss.''

''Did you know one in seven Canadians have herpes?'' I asked her, realizing she was to far gone with trying to seduce me to even think for a moment about being fake right to my face.

Cecelia looked taken back before her expression became pinched in confusion and disgust. ''Why would I know that?''

''It's a fun fact and reason enough to not share lip balm.'' I answered and I took amusement in my answer.

Cecelia looked lost for words which I took as an end to our conversation and then promptly turned my attention onto Caitlin who sat on my other side, talking to her best and true friend Abby, whom of which I didn't mind having a conversation with because she actually seemed like a real person and she had been friends with my cousin for over five years now.