~ Twenty ~

Back to Rain's POV

I think we have another 20 hours before we officially arrive in Chicago. We're going to take an underwater subway to land in the US. This journey is going to be long and the thing that makes me want to vomit is the fact that I'm travelling with Matt.

He doesn't care about me. He acts as if he cares. I don't need him. All I need right now is Theo, my mom and Elly.

" Did you tell Theo about our love life?"

" What love life?"

" Nevermind. Nice rings by the way."

" thanks I guess."

" So, do they protect you well?"

" Who told you about that? How do you know?"

" Oh it wasn't so hard. I was wondering how you could resist to Jason's blood all over your chest. Even I wanted to eat you right there on the spot."

" Elly is the one who told you isn't she?"

" I thought you were honest with me! You never told me you drained 4 innocent people of blood because you were on crisis!"

" Don't talk about honesty Matt because you were the one wh-"

" Who swapped you for Elly? I did I know that. Is that the only argument you have? What have I not done for you Rain? This is the only mistake I've done and still you make it seem like I've made mistakes for you all my life. Find something else I've done for you not to speak to me!"

" Matt you have no idea on how I'm confused on my life right now. You don't know how many times I've fainted, how many times my life was in danger. I thought you were going to save me right away but you came a fucking month later. Do you have an idea on how 1 month can change someone's life. I've killed, I used my magic, I've learnt. I've also met new people and no one bullied me or abused me. I-I can't carry on living a l-life w-where..."

I had to stop talking. I start crying. Again. But I had to let Matt understand what I was going through.

" W-where I am not treated for who I really am! People would just judge me from 1 to 10 and judge if I'm good enough to go out with a guy. Staying with Jennyfer and Theo has been a wonderful experience because at least they respected me. Even though Theo was awkward sometimes, he didn't to anything too extreme. You hate Theo for no reason because he was the one who literally saved me from the Clave. You don't have the slightest idea on how he helped me when I had the bullet in my leg, when I was hungry, when I needed help, when I needed someone and when I needed advice. If Theo wasn't here I wouldn't be in your car talking to you. I would probably be in hell for what I am. He made me believe that I was different in a good way no matter what people said about me."

" And why did he give you the infend then?"

" That's really complicated..."

" Alright then I have no proof he didn't hurt you. Were you pregnant?"

" My life changed in a month Matt but that doesn't mean I had a child. Just because I'm a demonated Hybrid doesn't mean that I can have a child that quickly! No I'm not pregnant and I wasn't pregnant."

" So you're still not going to tell me why you have the infend?"

" No."

" Okay then"

Matt drives us in the in the subway and I don't remember the rest because I fell asleep from all the tears sucked in by my cheeks.

........................................