Six Flags

"This contraption is wonderful! What is it called again?" Angel asked, her eyes aglow with curiosity.

"It's called a car." Angelica giggled as the Uber driver gave Angie a peculiar glance in the rear-view mirror. Both mermaids were holding onto the door handles with death grips as the car coasted at thirty-five miles per hour.

"Is this how innocents are transported?" Angie asked. She looked as if she was about to throw up at any moment.

"For the most part." Angelica flashed the driver an exaggerated, sweet smile. She instantly regretted that when he almost ran a red light. Michael gave her a reprimanding glance from the front seat. Angelica shrugged innocently. Michael shook his head and faced forward.

"We are here," the driver announced, looking at Angie and Angel with a peculiar stare. The mermaid's awe at the car radio and his cell phone gave him enough reason to.

"What is this place?" Angel asked, stumbling out of the car.

Angelica stood next to her. "Six Flags!" she said excitedly. "It's an amusement park."

Angel squealed with joy. 'I don't know what that is, but it sounds amusing!"

"I hope it's better than the car ride," said Angie, looking at one of the towering rollercoasters in the distance.

"I've never been to one before, but I've heard about it from my friends," said Angelica.

"You have friends, Princess?" Angel asked, surprised.

Angelica grinned and nodded. "Yup, and they're pretty awesome. Why would you ask that?"

"With the bounty on your head, you can't trust anyone."

"So why should she trust you?" Michael growled, hovering protectively over Angelica. He quickly took her hand. Angelica squeezed it, reassuring him that everything was okay.

Angel lifted her chin high with a hard look in her eye. "Ask anything of me to prove my allegiance to her."

"That's not necessary," Angelica said with a nervous smile, but Michael or the mermaids weren't smiling one bit.

"What would you like me to do? Carve my allegiance to you on my chest?" One of Angel's human fingers transformed into a sharp talon. She pulled down the collar of the shirt she had transformed into before leaving the beach.

Angelica grabbed Angel's deformed hand. "Angel, don't. This isn't necessary. I believe I can trust you."

Angel nodded and her hand transformed back to normal. "If you believe me, that's all that really matters," she said, sneering at Michael.

"For now," Michael said menacingly.

"C'mon, we're here to have fun. Can we please try to get along?" Angelica pleaded.

Michael and the mermaids nodded in agreement.

"Yay! Now let's go have the best time of your lives!"

Within a few hours, they had been on almost every ride in the park. Angie had decided the rides weren't her thing once she had vomited midair on the first rollercoaster. She had sworn them off since. Instead, she had become obsessed with the different foods. She was in love with foods with funny names like elephant ears, funnel cake, and cotton candy.

After Angelica and Angel got off the bumper cars, they headed towards Angie, who was happily eating something.

"Do you want some?" she asked, shoving the bowl towards them. "They are called cheese curds. They have the most delicious filling in them when you bite into them."