Date Night

Angelica watched Roman fence his last competitor in the direct elimination round. His reputation preceded him, given the nervousness his opponent displayed; not to mention, Roman was kind of intimidating when he fenced. Fencing made her feel happy and playful, whereas Roman was cold, calculating and analytical, which made him quite the hottie. The girls in the bleachers that were screaming his name and giggling would agree.

Roman easily beat his opponent. Angelica clapped and stood with everyone, when he was announced the winner of the tournament. His eyes searched the crowd for her. When his eyes found hers, he lit up like a Christmas tree. She liked seeing him like this. It was a three-sixty from the boy she had met the first day of school. She was happy to see that his coach and students from their fencing class were there to support him. That was important since he didn't have any family support.

She waited for him in the lobby of the building and patiently watched as people spilled out of the auditorium. When she saw Nadia's sister and her friends walking in her direction she groaned inwardly. She didn't want to deal with them. Thankfully, Nadia was not with them, so they ignored her, except for one.

She smiled and waved at Angelica as if she knew her and kept walking. Angelica thought that was odd; the girl must have mistaken her for someone else. She forgot about it when she saw Roman walking toward her.

"Congratulations." She gave him a hug.

"Thanks," he said, shyly.

"Let's go celebrate!"

"Nah, we don't have to," said Roman, shaking his head.

"C'mon why not?"

"Because...being with you is enough of a celebration for me."

"Oh." Angelica didn't know what else to say.

"I'm just saying that... I really enjoy spending time with you," said Roman, further explaining his feelings.

Angelica nervously laughed. "I like spending time with you, too."

"Then we do have something to celebrate," Roman said, smiling the biggest smile she had ever seen on his face. They exited the building and walked to his car.

"Let's start by doing whatever you want to do."

"You sure about that?" asked Angelica, with a devilish grin. "I might get you in trouble."

"I have a feeling your idea of trouble and my idea of trouble are totally different." Roman said, with a wink.

They stopped at a local burger joint. She hadn't eaten all morning and Roman had worked up an appetite from his tournament. They both ordered burgers, fries and shakes, which they devoured in record time.

Angelica rubbed her full belly. "That was delicious."

"Yes, it was," said Roman sliding down in his seat. "What's next?"

Angelica's cell phone vibrated in her pocket. She ignored it.

"What about the state fair? I heard some people talking about it at the tournament," she suggested. Even though Angelica had no clue what a state fair was, it seemed like something fun, since everyone was going.

"Let's check it out," said Roman. They paid for their meals and headed to the fairgrounds.

When they arrived, Angelia squealed. "It's a smaller version of Six Flags!

Within a few hours, she had been on every ride in the fair. She even went on some of the rides multiple times. She found herself eating the same foods Angie had been obsessed with. She was in love with the fair. Roman made it even sweeter, when he won her a giant teddy bear. She didn't have a clue how she was going to sneak it back home.