Sixteen Years Ago

Adaira sashayed down the street and turned into a dark alley. She stopped in front of a building. To an innocent, the building would have appeared to be a dilapidated, boarded-up establishment, but to a supernatural it was a bar. Adaira looked around as she did the secret knock on the door. The door swung open, allowing her to enter. As she waltzed in, she received the usual annoying catcalls and whistles.

Unfortunately, she was accustomed to this whenever she was in her true form. Looking at her reflection in the mirror behind the bar, she wondered what they saw in her, because all she saw was a sad, pathetic, pale, redhead. Yes, she did have out-of-this world green eyes, lustrous, long, full hair and an hourglass figure that made men forget how to tell time, but none of that mattered when she couldn't be with the one she loved.

Her werewolf boyfriend of four years had just dumped her, but she couldn't blame him. He had found his mate. Every werewolf had a mate that was their counterpart, the other half of their soul. They were drawn to each other like a moth to a flame. Some werewolves took years before they found their mate, while others grew up with theirs.

Either way, once they found each other, nothing could keep them apart physically, except death. She had known this and had still fallen in love with him. There was no one to blame but herself.

"What can I get you, beautiful?" asked the bartender/owner, smiling flirtatiously, while showcasing pearly-white fangs.

"Ryan, do you have something that can make someone fall out of love?" she asked bitterly.

He chuckled. "I think I can come up with something."

He made her a mysterious, bluish, glowing drink. Adaira downed it in seconds. She signaled to him to bring her another one. In no time at all, she started to feel better and almost forgot what she was upset about.

The raucous activity going on behind her drew her attention. She understood that bars were loud, but this was louder than usual. It was as if they were celebrating something. Last time she had checked, Halloween wasn't until next month.

"What's the occasion?" she asked Ryan as he handed her another drink.

"You haven't heard?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Obviously not, genius, if I'm asking you."

He laughed at her, shaking his head. "Lucifer's child was born today."

She giggled to herself. Perhaps, she had drank too much, because she was hearing things. "What did you say?"

"You heard me," he said, smirking.

Adaira, like every other creature from Abyssal, was familiar with the story of the innocent's, Anti-Christ that was passed down to them by a seer. She hadn't paid the story any mind. Adaira didn't particularly care for Lucifer, and, unlike him, she liked the innocents. They were irrational, reckless, and unpredictable at times, but they were overall good creatures.

"The Creator would never allow such a thing," Adaira said shaking her head and taking a sip of her drink.

"I heard supes are at the hospital downtown celebrating her birth."

"H-Her?" Adaira coughed on her drink. She didn't pay the prophecy any mind, but she knew enough to know that it was supposed to be a male.

"Why don't you go down there and see for yourself?"

Adaira didn't think that was a bad idea. She didn't have anything else to do and she didn't want to be alone. She finished the last of her drink and saluted Ryan before she teleported downtown.

She stood across the street from the hospital. Ryan hadn't been joking about the supernatural's celebrating. They surrounded the hospital on the ground and in the air, dancing and singing. She had never seen so many supernatural's gathered in one place besides in Abyssal. She transformed into a raven and flew towards the hospital, around the brick building, until she was among the other flying supernatural's.

"Where is she?" Adaira asked a group of pixies, who were singing and dancing in a circle in the air.

They sneered at her. "Is that an almighty Nympharum asking a lowly pixie a question?" squeaked one of the pixies. Adaira thought about pecking out one of her eyes with her sharp beak, but she hadn't come there for a battle.

"Shut up and grow," Adaira said, flying off and leaving the pixies to yell obscenities at her.

A coven of witches was hovering on their brooms in front of a window. Adaira landed on the end of the broom of the witch that was the closest to the window. She didn't mind as she and the others were paying attention to whatever was inside. There was a room full of babies, but only one had a soft glow emanating around it.

Adaira flew off the broom and flew as close to the window as she could to get a better look. Adaira's heartbeat shuttered when the baby turned her little head and looked at her. She gave Adaira the biggest, toothless grin. Within that moment, Adaira felt so happy and content.

"You are wonderful," Adaira murmured. Adaira couldn't tell the future, but she had the feeling that Lucifer's baby wasn't what the supernatural's expected her to be.

She was a light within the darkness. 

Interesting Fact: Did you know that the concept of soulmates or twin flames originated from  Plato's dialogue, "The Symposium"? He wrote that we originally had two faces, four arms and four legs and that Zeus split us apart, forever doomed to seek each other out.