Baby Powder

School was canceled the next day. The principal called every parent and told them terrorists had attacked the school, intent on taking students hostage and demanding ransom notes from the school's wealthy parents. Luckily, every student had been accounted for. Some were badly shaken up and bruised, but everyone was alive. Parent's threatened to pull their kids out of the school if they didn't ramp up security.

Angelica wanted to go on campus to see Nala and Roman. It was better than sitting in the house and, thinking about Michael all day. She couldn't believe that jerk had the nerve to show up. Who or what gave him the right to come in and out of her life as he pleased? She hoped the sight of her with Raphael had left a lasting impression on him. The thought made her smile as she got dressed and made her way downstairs

On her way to Gabriel's office, she spotted Raphael standing outside of Connie's bedroom door. Connie was standing in the doorway looking like a love-struck teenager as she blushed and smiled coyly up at Raphael. They were speaking so low Angelica couldn't hear what they were saying, but whatever it was, they were both smiling from ear to ear at each other. Connie slowly leaned forward and kissed his cheek. That was when she spotted Angelica over his shoulder.

"Hey, you're up," Connie said, her voice rising a few octaves.

Raphael turned around, and Angelica tried not to die laughing at his guilty expression.

"We were, we were just talking," Raphael said to Angelica.

"I saw that," Angelica smiled slyly. She loved making them feel like this. For once, she wasn't the one in the hot seat.

"I will talk to you later," Raphael said stiffly to Connie. Then he marched past Angelica without another word or glance.

"How are you holding up?" Connie said quickly.

"I'm fine," said Angelica, still smiling at the thought of those two being involved. She wasn't the only one treading in forbidden waters.

"I heard you took out some supernatural's on your own."

Angelica thought about what she had done toward the end and realized she needed to talk to someone about that, but it wouldn't be Connie. She still didn't trust her fully, not with her taking her memories away and lying about it.

"Yeah, I did. I wish you were there to see it."

"I was in California. Ralph told me how awesome you were."

Angelica giggled at her nickname for Raphael. "I better go find him so we can get out of here."

"Where are you going?" Connie asked, furrowing her brow.

"I'm going to see Nala and Roman."

"You may wanna run that by Gabriel. She may not approve after the attack."

"Of course, she won't," said Angelica, rolling her eyes. Gabriel was seriously becoming a thorn in her backside.

Raphael and Gabriel were standing outside Gabriel's office when Angelica approached him.

"Can I talk to you?" Angelica asked Raphael, not daring to look at Gabriel, lest she lose her nerve.

Before he could respond, Gabriel said, "Angelica, whatever you have to say to Raphael you can say in front of me. There are no secrets amongst our kind."

Angelica tried her hardest not to roll her eyes at her.

"What is it, Angelica?" Raphael said, moving in front of Gabriel so that Angelica could only see him.

"I know we don't have school today, but I want to go hang out with Roman and Nala. Can we go?" She hated how timid and nervous she sounded.

"You don't need to be anywhere near that school after yesterday," said Gabriel, turning around to go back inside her office.