Sixteen Years Ago

A/N: Hello Beasties! This is the new, published version of Arrival of the Beast. I have published it on here in celebration of book three, Fighting the Beast just being released. If you aren't caught up, now is your chance. Thank you all for your support! I hope you enjoy. This is also available in paperback, ebook and hardback on Lulu,  Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Kobo, Apple, Tolino, Overdrive, and Scribd.

The Creator made his rounds on the floor that held the hospice patients. He was usually invisible to the innocents, but he made sure the ones he visited could see him. They didn't see his true form; instead, they saw one of their loved ones. Still, they knew he wasn't from their world, and they believed him to be an angel.

He liked to welcome them to Caelus and give them something to look forward to. He told some of them stories about the wonders of Caelus, while others were just content with being in his presence, because when he was around them, their pain and worries vanished. The nurses and family members thought the patients were mentally unstable because of their terminal conditions, so they ignored it when the patient's mumbled and whispered to him.

He had stopped to speak with a terminally ill gentleman by the name of Earl Ray. They were reminiscing about the first-time Earl had met his wife, Lily.

"She was the skinniest, and most big-headed, loud-mouthed girl I had ever met, and I fell head over heels in love with her. Do you know what was the first thing she said to me?"

"What's your problem, you buck-toothed freak?" the Creator guessed smiling.

Earl nodded and laughed himself into a coughing fit. The Creator touched his arm, and his coughing subsided.

"Thank you," Earl said, patting the Creator's hand. He looked back up at the Creator with tears in his eyes. "Will she be there?"

"Yes. She is..." the Creator trailed off. The building began to shake as if there was an earthquake. An alarm sounded in the hallway of the hospital, alarming the residents. They cried out while the staff tried to calm them.

Then the shaking stopped as suddenly as it had started. This earthquake wasn't normal though, because the Creator had felt a shudder throughout the realms at the same time. Something big had happened. Something big enough to shake this world's existence. It was here, and it was a girl. Lucifer's child had been born.

"Is everything okay?" Earl asked.

"I hope so," the Creator said, standing. "I have to go, Earl. I will see you soon."

The Creator followed her life force to a hospital across town. When he entered the room, her mother, her cousin and his right-hand angel, Gabriel were silently looking over her. Gabriel noticed the Creator's presence as soon as he entered the room. She handed the newborn to her mother and bowed her head as the Creator approached the mother and her new bundle of joy.

"She is the spitting image of Luciano," said the cousin in awe.

"Yeah, she is," agreed her mother.

"We need to find that loser so he can take care of his responsibility. He should not get away with this!"

The Creator peeped over the mother's shoulder at Lucifer's daughter and couldn't help but laugh. She was a magnificent monstrosity, perfect in every way. Lucifer had certainly outdone himself with this one. The innocents didn't stand a chance against her.

"We'll be okay. We don't need him," the mother whispered to her daughter.

The Creator thought about giving Gabriel the command to end the child's life right then, but the baby looked at the Creator and smiled. Within that smile he saw true innocence and a chance for her to be something different from what she was destined to be. 

Interesting Fact: Part of this scene is from Waiting for the Beast in the Chapter titled, Labor and Delivery., but from a different  point of view:) (Vote or Comment if you like)