Homefront

"Auxilio!" Connie yelled. A loud groaning resounded through the air as the trees in the surrounding woods began bending over and snatching up supernatural's with their branches. They flung them high into the air, sending them flying miles away.

Angelica frowned when a sword materialized in Connie's hand. She had never seen Connie in battle, and she didn't know she knew how to fight. Connie pointed at a couple of vampires who were in mid run and were a few inches away from her. They became frozen as statues. Their eyes moved back and forth rapidly in fear as Connie took her sword and chopped off each of their heads.

Angelica watched in awe as Gabriel fought three monstrosities that were half-snake, half- man. She looked like she wasn't using any effort at all. One of the creatures hit her with its massive tail. Unfazed, she punched the creature in the chest, sending it flying in the air into one of Connie's trees, which caught it and flung it. She cut one in half, while the other one attempted to wrap its tail around her. Moving at an superhuman speed, she dodged it and stabbed it through the heart.

Watching Michael fight, one could tell this was what he was made to do. He was ferocious and diabolical, moving so fast that it looked as if there was more than one of him. He didn't show an ounce of mercy. Any supernatural that approached him lost their head in a matter of seconds.

Unlike the others. Roman was having fun. He laughed as he swiftly hacked an ogre-like creature down the middle. As he fought he yelled out phrases like "Next! That's all you got? C'mon, you trying to dance with me or fight me?"

After a few minutes, Michael yelled to Connie, "Get her to the house!"

"I won't leave you all," said Connie.

"Maybe you won't have to," said Gabriel.

Angelica heard the car before she saw it. Her Audi was speeding and hitting every supernatural in its way. It stopped beside them, with Adaira at the wheel.

If Adaira was upset with Angelica from earlier, she didn't show it.

"Get in," she said.

"We will be behind you shortly. Roman, go with her," instructed Gabriel.

Angelica wanted to protest, but she knew it would do no good. She and Roman got in the car and Adaira sped off. This time, the creatures jumped out of her way. She watched in her side mirror as the fighting resumed. Angelica said a prayer for their safe return to the house.

"That was fun, but can you tell me what you were thinking?" asked Roman.

"What was I thinking?! What were you thinking? Just because you have more muscles and look like this," she motioned to Roman, "does not mean this is your fight. You don't belong here and have no idea what's going on."

"Let's see. Your father is the devil. He wants you and is willing to go to any length to get you, including hiring my uncle and those supernatural's to capture you. Gabriel, Connie and whoever that other guy is are trying to protect you and keep you from making the biggest mistake of your life. Am I right, or do I still not know what's going on?"

Angelica frowned. "How do you know all of this?"

"Adaira told me everything. I met her the morning after the attack by the Malebiche witch. She has been training me ever since to become a bounty hunter who can protect you."

"You're welcome," Adaira said from the front seat.

Angelica ignored her. "You may be a bounty hunter, but you have no idea what you are getting into. This is not one of your fencing competitions. This is real, Roman. You...You could die."