Chapter 29: An Old Friend (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

They blinked at me, "Kat-"

"Shh!" I hissed, making them frown as I looked towards Kid. He hadn't noticed us yet. "Don't say my name. There's a few enemies here, and I'd rather not cause attention to us until we get Camie back."

"Is that why you're wearing that super ugly hat?" Franky frowned, tapping my head. "I didn't realize it was you since your hair is shoved in it."

"Yes." I muttered.

"How did you get all of your hair in there?" Nami asked, looking at me in wonder. "It's so long." Then she frowned, "How did you make it here before us? You're as bad as Zoro."

I glanced around as the prices bid went higher and higher. A sneer filled my face, this was one of the reasons he didn't want me coming here. I can't say I blame him either.

"This place is disgusting." I muttered, my crew nodding in silent agreement. "We should burn it down when we're done."

"Ka-" Nami caught herself, quickly lowering her voice. "What about drawing attention?"

I glanced at her. "I said until we get Camie. After she's safe I don't care. This place dosen't need to stand." I glanced towards the front row. "Maybe a few Celestial Dragons will get caught in it too."

"Now you should quiet down." Hachi hissed, "You don't know the danger-"

"I do." I interrupted quietly. "I know more than I want to." I stopped as I saw the man on stage collapse and was covered up by the employees.

"What just happened?" Pappagg asked, looking around me towards the stage as he squinted his eyes.

"He bit off his tongue." Chopper answered quietly, looking at the man sadly.

"Rather than living a wretched life as a slave, he chose to die here." Sanji said, a sadness lingering in his voice. "Maybe he made the right choice."

I stared at the stage, the curtains covering up the people as they cleared it up. "There's no maybe." I spoke lowly, only allowing my crew to hear me. "I'd do the same thing."

Nami's head snapped towards me, her eyes looking at me in sadness at the thought.

"I'd rather die than lose my freedom." I answered, watching as the curtains reopened. My attention was brought back when I saw the large bowl shaped object be wheeled across the stage. "That must be her." My crew looked away from me as they looked back at the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" The Auctioneer sand into the mike. "The item I am about to present to you will blow away all your troubles! Our super special item!"

I tensed, now knowing who it was for certain. He pulled off the sheet, revealing a large fish bowl. Containing Camie.

"Direct from Fishman Isand!" He shouted,"It's the Mermaid Camie!"

"All right! Time to take her back!" Nami exclaimed.

My hand rested on my belt containing my weapons. In the chance that we didn't have enough money, I wanted to be ready to fight. Camie won't be a slave.

"I'll pay 500 Million!" I froze, looking at the suited up man who jumped to his feet. "I'll pay 500 Million Beli!"

A chill ran down my spine. We didn't have that money. I wanted to fight for her, but that was a Celestial Dragon.

I glanced at my crew members as they talked. Then I looked back at the disgusting suited up man. If anyone lays a hand on a Celestial Dragon, an Admerial is sent after them. Basically a death wish. I couldn't do that to my crew.

Finding Myself (One Piece Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara