Chapter 63: I just want a nap

I don't own One Piece

...................................................

The guards were beyond easy for us to handle. Within a few minutes we had defeated them. Zoro and I even chained up the King to make sure they wouldn't try to attack again. It was going quite smoothly.

"This is just too much!" Usopp yelled, looking around us in panic.

Brook nodded, glaring at Zoro and I. "He's right! You two reflect on what you did!"

I blinked, "Huh?" Was Brook trying to scold us?

Zoro glared back at Brook, "You started the fight! We're all accomplices here!"

"You guys were the ones trying to take them down." I mumbled.

Usopp raised his and to help clarify. "I just wanted to scare them and find an opening to run away!"

"To where?" I deadpanned, "We're surrounded by water."

Nami sighed tiredly, rubbing her forehead. "I was hoping to take a tour and go shopping."

I turned to the woman and patter her back sympathetically. "Ah, I wanted to keep sleeping. Such a shame."

She frowned at me looking over my face, "Why are you so tired?"

I shrugged, "Weird sleep schedule. Naps are life." I simplified.

Having spent two years on Artist Haven, I've grown accustomed to sleeping with noise. Just like I've grown accustomed to being able to feel the shift in the air in my sleep. The only chance I had to sleep on our ship had not ended well. It was far too quiet in the room I shared with Robin and Nami, which left me to just go out on deck and stand guard.

I had managed to hide my sleepiness for a while but after I had stuffed myself with oranges I felt incredibly tired. Of course none of that mattered now.

"It's too late now! What's done is done, so stop complaining!" Zoro yelled, resting one of his swords over his shoulder lazily.

"Mr. Hottie dosen't lose hot points even when angry. Good to note." I muttered, ignoring the look Nami sent me.

"It dosen't work like that!" Brook protested, "We dropped by Fishman Island and occupied Ryugu castle?! What kind of evil pirates are we?!" The skeleton cried.

I shrugged, "The stereotype, but only if they don't look at the whole picture. They attacked us first. I hope you're not saying we should have just let them take us all prisoner."

Zoro nodded in agreement, "Exactly! You guys mean we would've just let them attack you!"

Usopp groaned loudly, shoving a finger towards Zoro and I. "I keep telling you, we were looking for a chance to run away!"

"And I keep saying we're surrounded by water!" I yelled, my hand clenching as I tired to keep in my anger. "There is no where for you to run to, so we did the only acceptable option!"

"That's not acceptable!" Both Usopp and Brook yelled back.

Zoro softly nudged me back, handing me my sketchbook to distract me. As I grabbed it he placed his hand on top oh my head and guided me down to the ground before handing me a pencil. Then he looked back at Usopp and rolled his eyes. "She's right, you don't know how to run away and Luffy isn't here anyway."

I took in a deep breath before opening the sketchbook. We were stuck here anyway. Zoro at least knew now was a good time for me to sketch.

Looking up at the tired King, I smiled. "Ah, sorry about that. Anyway, are you cool if I draw you?"