Chapter 18: A Gun Savvy Zombie

I don't own One Piece.

3rd Person POV
.........................................

The zombie giggled to herself as she looked down the tree she was perched in. In her lap sat loose papers with doctor notes scribbled over it, all signed by Hogback. In her paw sat a full pencil.

She looked down at the scrambling zombies. In her free paw sat an orange, a bit taken out of it. The squirrel zombie grinned, half of her face dyed a bright pink hue.

"Persona-sama won't be happy we lost her." One of the human zombies cried below the tree.

"She was a new favorite!" The other added.

The zombie in the tree grinned, taking another bite of her orange. There was nothing interesting to draw in Persona's room. That was exactly why she had to leave, along with her sudden orange craving.

She watched as the zombies ran off, thinking they had found a trace of where she had gone. Another giggle escaped the zombie.

"No then," She mused, "What should I draw?"

..................................
Katsu's POV
..................................

I huffed, coming to a stop. Using my devil fruit abilities took up quite a bit of energy. Though, I'm sure I had enough for at least one more good fight.

"The Straw Hats have gotten me into shape," I muttered, realizing how much more active I was then when I was on the island.

I paused, looking towards the castle. It was likely my shadow was somewhere there. Unless my zombie had some of my quirks, then I would be best to look in high places.

Staring at the castle I started walking, that would be my first search spot. My weapons and sketchbook are in that room.

Feeling my pocket I pulled out a pinch of salt. I tilted my head in thought, a theory coming to mind. Focusing on the air, I used it to compress the salt. Much to my pleasure and surprise, it worked! Now it appeared that I had material that could be used as a salt bullet.

"Now this is helpful!" I grinned, still walking towards the castle. "When I get my pistol back no zombie will stand a chance!"

"Give me back my food!"

"Katsu!!"

"Who's the creep who peeped on Nami in the bathroom!!"

Blinking, I turned around at the sudden shouting. My face grew blank as I saw familiar figures running towards me. A certain Captain punching down every tree that got in the way as they charged through.

"They caught up fast." I muttered as they got closer.

"Oi, Katsu!" Luffy grinned in greeting, taking a moment to tug on my arm as he passed by. I stumbled the first few steps before I got my footing right to run beside them.

"We thought the invisible man got you again!" Usopp cried, making me look at him.

"Huh?" I blinked, then grinned. "Don't worry! I won't let that happen again. If he tries to touch me again I'll gain a worthless trophy and he'll lost the ability to reproduce." Both Usopp and Sanji paled at my comment.