Chapter 9: Give Back Nami!

I don't own One Piece

..................................

Upon running to the ship, Luffy and I were interrupted by Chopper. I blinked at the state of the little reindeer. He was all beat up and a blubbering mess, a sight I didn't like for our ship's doctor. Coming to a complete stop Luffy and I looked down at Chopper.

"Chopper, what happened" I demanded, crouching down to him as he waved his arms.

His mouth quivered and opened, but no sound followed. For a moment I was confused as to why he wasn't talking. Then, realization hit me like a splash of cold water.

"Chopper! I'm not hearing anything." Luffy complained, cleaning out his ear. "Speak louder!"

Sighing in annoyance, I stood up and whacked Luffy in the head. "Baka. Did you forgot who took over this island?"

My captain looked at me, his face completely blank. "Who?"

With an eye twitching, I reminded him. "The silent pirates."

He wrinkled his nose. "That's a stupid name, why do they call themselves that?"

I sighed, pointing to Chopper. "The captain takes away the the sound of people. Chopper, like the whole kingdom had their ability to make sound stolen." I paused, "And likely, they also beat up Chopper."

Luffy looked at the reindeer, who nodded but then started waving his arms once more. I tilted my head, studying him. "Something else happened." I muttered.

Looking up at our ship in front of us I spotted a patch of moss hair. Walking past my Captain, who was now playing charades with Chopper, I quickly made my way to the ship. Climbing the ladder quickly, I poked my head over to look to my right on the deck. My lips tugged down at the sight of a sleeping swordsman.

Zoro was sitting down leaning against the ship clutching his trio of swords in his lap. While I was annoyed with the idea of him sleeping on the job, I had to say I was impressed with his ability to sleep sitting up. Standing in front of him, I nudged the swordsman with my foot.

He woke easily, though not in the best of moods. "What?" He growled, his eyes still closed.

"First of all, it's not god to sleep on the job." I muttered, "Also, was Chopper with anyone when he left?"

Zoro peaked an eye open, rubbing his head irritably as he looked up at me. "He was with Nami, why?"

"I see." I mumbled, ignoring his question. Looking over the rails of the ship at Chopper, I yelled. "Ne, Chopper, are you trying to say those people stole Nami?"

Hearing me, Chopper turned away from Luffy and began jumping while waving his arms and nodding. Luffy blinked, taking in the information. I waited for another moment before his smile dropped.

"They took Nami?" Luffy asked again, which Chopper nodded once more at Luffy.

Beside me I heard Zoro sigh in annoyance, standing up. "That damn woman, probably pissed someone off."

I raised an eyebrow, "I thought Nami was more of a run when in conflict. I doubt she would try to do anything. They likely started it." I paused to think, remembering a certain crew member had an obsession with red colored hair. "Yeah, they definitely started it."

Jumping over the railing, I landed next to Luffy. Smirking I placed a hand on my hip. "Ne, Captain, are we about to go kick some silent ass?"

He grinned, "You bet! They need to return this islands treasure! And give back Chopper's sound!"