Chapter 84: Best Friend!

I do not own one piece

..........................................................

If I said I wasn't disappointed that Usopp managed to make a boat, I would be a liar. Though it is helpful and I recognize that we need it, I had enjoyed teasing the swordsman. When Luffy and Robin had made the proposition of us devil fruit users using the none devil fruit users to get across I found the whole idea hilarious. Then the realization came to me that I could give Zoro a hard time, as Luffy stated he would swim with Zoro.

The red on Zoro's face was beyond entertaining.

Nevertheless Usopp pulled though and made a banana boat for us to sail on to the other side. It put an end to my teasing, and Zoro has since then returned to normal color, and my entertainment has ended.

As we neared the other side of the island I could immediately sense the change in the air. It wasn't just the rapid temperature dropping, though that was a clear sign, but the air molecules itself changed. I hadn't felt such a rapid change in the air like that before, not even sailing the crazy seas. It was like the temperature was literally split into two.

Of course things can't just be easy. When we got close to the land a bunch of hybrid centaurs began shooting at us, trying to sink our boat. Luffy had held us back from attacking immediately because he had wanted to try and be friends first.

Needless to say, our boat sank.

As a devil fruit user, the ocean already takes every ounce of energy out of you and you sink like a damn rock. Basically, plunging into water overall sucks. Now, add in ice cold freezing water, which shocks the shit out of your whole body and you feel like pins and needles are stabbing at you while your body tries to sink and you have my current dilemma.

Thankfully, Zoro came to the rescue.

Usopp, who had been closest to Robin, had grabbed her before she could sink. While Luffy and I had been grabbed by Zoro. At the very least, I'm grateful I wasn't being held by my mouth as he was holding Luffy, as that would have been very uncomfortable.

"I wasn't expecting to be fired on in the middle of the lake." Zoro huffed, kicking his legs as he tried to keep the three of us above water without using his arms.

"We had time to stwike back, Wuffy!" Usopp shivered, "Bud nooo, you wadded to be 'fwends'!"

Luffy mumbled an apology and not wanting to be friends anymore. I'm rather impressed he didn't bite Zoro's hand while saying that either.

"I'm gonna slice them to pieces!" Zoro exclaimed, then frowned.

"Usopp can't hold three people." I mumbled, shivering as the cold bit into my bones. The longer we're here, the more I'm disliking this place.  Zoro nodded in agreement. "He can probably hold Luffy and Robin for a moment."

Zoro looked at me, "You're missing a devil fruit user."

I nodded weakly. "Yeah, me. Toss me in the air, I should gain my strength back enough to form a surface to stand on. Then you can get out of the water as well and attack. I'll have to concentrate harder, but I should be able to hold both of us up in the air."

"Ready!! Aim!!"

He nodded at me, "If you're sure you can." Luffy was handed over to Usopp and Zoro got a better grip on me. Had I not been freezing, submerged in water, and overall quite pissed about the whole situation, I may have made some kind of comment to see if he would blush.

Again, my luck hit. Instead of being thrown in the air, a hard tug to my foot and I was sent under the water. Before I shut my eyes I managed to see Zoro being dragged underwater as well.