Chapter 127: Chef's with Different Values

I do not own One Piece

........................................................................

It had come to no surprise to both the Skeleton and the Samurai that the ship was now being approached by guards. What had come as a surprise was how long it had taken for the ship to be approached.

Brook placed his cup of tea down and reached over to grab his cane. "I wonder how the rest of the crew is doing." He mused, walking towards the railing of the ship.

"I'm sure they're fine." Kin'emon assured, but frowned when another figure jumped in front of the two men. "Hey!"

The women turned to look at them. She had been on the ship with the Emerald pirates, and had been instructed to stay behind to watch their ship as the rest of the crew had marched towards the palace to give aid to the Straw Hats. The woman looked frail at first sight. While she was average in height, she didn't appear to have any muscles and just came off as small. Her long silky pink hair was tied up in a neat bun which was kept up with a sharp needle.

However, as soon as Brook had asked to see her panties he was nearly knocked down from the shiver that had filled the air. It became apparent to both men that she must have eaten a devil fruit, though they weren't sure which type.

To make matters more suspicious to them, she hasn't spoken a single word. The woman was completely silent. Not even her footsteps dared to make a sound.

She held up her hand in a silent order to tell them to stop before she turned and jumped off the ship to walk towards the rushing guards.

"Miss, we can deal..." Brook trailed off as the ground around her began to cover in ice.

Her movements were fluid and in one moment she was in front of the guards. Due to them still being on the pier, the ground had been covered in moisture. With the temperature having reached sub-zero around them the guards feet had frozen to the ground. When the first guard moved to slash down his sword on her, she reached her hand up.

A sizzle sounded from her hand as the man's sword melted in her grasp. The same man cried out in pain as the melted metal of his sword was shoved in his face and instantly cooled to solidify.

"What kind of monster is she?" Kin'emon mumbled in horror as she began to move from each individual and take them down without gaining a single scratch or bruise for herself.

"One that is on the crew of an emperor." Brook responded, standing back as he found it unnecessary to step in for the moment. "That's someone we'll have to be able to beat."

"Huh?" Kin'emon glanced over at Brook as he picked back up his tea.

"Luffy-san will become the Pirate King, so we'll have to be able to beat those that work for the emperors if we hope to stand beside him." Brook answered, "Though I do hope we won't have to fight Katsu's family, or rather I hope Katsu-san won't have to face against her own family."

"She already is-"

"Those royals aren't Katsu-san's family." Brook answered, "They're desperate people hoping to use Katsu. Her real family is us, the Red Haired pirates, and possibly the Emerald pirates." He hummed out the last part. "Though that still is up for question, since this is our first interaction with them."

Kin'emon let out a slow breath as he watched Nikita finish off the last of the guards before making her way back to her crew's ship. "She's got one hell of scary family."

.............................................................

Another guard was sent down to the ground effortlessly. Sanji turned to make a comment to Zoro, only to realize the swordsman was gone. He frowned, looking around the stadium only to find that the Marimo was no where in sight.

"That idiot got lost." He scoffed, moving out of the way from thrown debris from Luffy's ongoing fight with the King. His Captain was raging, so he wondered how much longer the colosseum had until it was just a pile of rubble.

Sanji jumped out of the way as another guard attempted to punch him. When he moved to attack back, the man avoided the attack and glared at him.

"I see I've found the cook." The man commented, his voice resembling that of a mouse. He reached in his pocket and began placing brass knuckles on his hands.

Sanji let out a puff of smoke, raising a curly brow at the man. "Oh? You know how?"

"I know a chef when I see one, being trained by those chefs on Artist Haven for two years helps you recognize one immediately." He responded, looking Sanji up and down and nodding to himself. "Not bad looking either, much better than the ugo I was stuck with for those two years."

Sanji's eyes narrowed, he knew Katsu had spent her last couple of years training on the same island. His look quickly changed into a glare as he began to remember a picture Katsu had showed him of the friends she had made while on the island. She often would come in the kitchen to offer him help, but Sanji would quickly redirect that help with having tea time with the artist while she showed him some of her work. The man in front of him was one that she had taken the time to draw and had labeled a friend.

"Backstabber." Sanji growled, his leg shooting out to kick the man's face.

Haishi was quick to reach his arm, coated in haki, up and block the attack. He rose an eyebrow at Sanji's comment. "Oh? How did I earn that name, we've only just met."

"You pretended to be Katsu-chan's friend." Sanji commented, placing more force behind his leg as Haishi's arm began to shake under the effort of Sanji's strength. "And to top it off, you're a cook. All cooks should ensure everyone eats, yet you let them starve her."

"She didn't earn her food." Haishi's comment was met with a flaming kick to his face. He let out a cry of pain as he shot across the field. Just as he landed Sanji was already there kicking the heel of his fire foot into Haishi's face.

"You Bastard!" Sanji growled, the ground crumbling around Haishi's head. "Nobody has to earn food! That's a given right!"

Sanji glared down at the black haired backstabber. Whether or not this man had made the orders of starving Katsu, with the knowledge that he had been trained as a chef this man should have fed Katsu either way. With the knowledge that she had known him before any of this happened, Sanji had not a single doubt that he had helped turn her in. 

No matter how he looked at it, this man was part of the reason his nakama has suffered. Sanji was going to not only beat this man down but rather rearrange his face to look match what he looked like on the inside.

Then, he was going to go back to the ship with Katsu and cook her a warm meal.

...............................................

End of Chapter 127!

This is not edited.