Chapter 104: I Hate Shoes

I do not own one piece

Trigger Warning!
Abusive Family, Mental Abuse, Starvation, Physical Abuse

Please be on the lookout for these trigger warnings. During this arc there will be a lot of trigger warnings, but there will be chapters updated without any trigger warnings, those chapters will likely involve the rest of the Straw Hats. However, should you not want to chance reading over something that would be triggering, Chapter 121 will be when we finally get around to the Straw Hats meeting back with Katsu. I want to make sure that everyone can still have a good reading experience, so please do pass over these chapters if you do think they may become mentally painful for you. And if there is an instance where I missed a trigger warning in a chapter that does need one, please do not hesitate to comment for me so I may fix it! 

.............................................................

I winced, my hands digging into the metal choker around my neck. Any energy I had was gone, as well as my devil fruit abilities. The metal lock sealing the choker rattled as I tried to loosen the thick cuff choker around my throat.

"Bitches." I growled quietly, collapsing onto the bed in the room I was placed in.

I'll consider my luck slightly better than normal, considering we didn't run into any other of my crew members. Likelihood is things would have gotten messy if it wasn't just Usopp that had seen my encounter. Though the woman did seem prepared to avoid the Sunny, considering we had taken some other route that lead to the owl ship resting along a river.

Unfortunately that did not come as comforting as I thought it would, considering she also knew well who my crew was. There were two options of who these people were. Either the government, though why they would try to single out just me or why they would hold Sato over me as blackmail made no sense. However, if it was the family that Shanks and Sato made clear I need to stay out of and be in the dark with, it would make more sense.

Now that poses another question, what kind of people is my family made out of?

I had expected to be thrown in a cell. However, they had forced me to shower as soon as I boarded the large ship. I didn't mind that as much, but I still found it insulting. After I had showered, which only consisted of ice cold water, they had given me a change of clothes and shoved me in this room.

The room was bare, with nothing but a bed in the middle. No windows either. While it was certainly better than a cell, it held the same feeling. Especially since they placed the sea prism choker on my neck.

The choker had been a nasty surprise. As soon as I had walked out of the bathroom I was shoved to the wall and it was placed on my neck then dead bolted. It had all happened in a second, and I couldn't get my barrings straight enough before I felt my energy drain.

It was embarrassing.

Arisu would have been disappointed. Hell, I was disappointed and angry.

No longer did I have my weapons, and no longer did I have access to my devil fruit. Sure, I can still use haki and fight back, but even that drains me. With the sea prism already draining me, I don't think I'll be able to really hold my haki for long.

Besides that, I can't overstep my boundaries. Sato's life is at stake, and I was not going to chance anything. I have to be on my best behavior, which is going to be nearly impossible for me. I have always been bad at following rules.

However, until I'm standing beside him I'll just have to do what they say. If they want me to wear this sea prism cuff, I'll wear one without complaint. They want me to wear some stupid robe like clothes, I'll wear them. They want me to wear shoes, I'll wear shoes and hate every second of it.

So long as Sato is okay.