Epilogue

Jungkook pov

       The last months have been the hardest things I have ever been through. Jin and Taehyung dying at the same time, the only things that kept me going in life now gone.

Kim Taehyung
1995-2018
'I'll forever be with you.'

          Warm tears streaked down my face, but at this point I don't even notice them. Their too regular now, like a house you pass by everyday eventually you don't pay any attention to it, because it is such a constant in your life. Taehyung was my constant, a constant that was snatched away in the blink of an eye. Now tears and heartache replace his constant ness.

           Shakily I stand up from the grave and dust off my knees. I pull my jacket closer to me as the harsh March winds whip against my skin. It's the 28th the exact day that me and Taehyung first met.

           I numb I feel nothing anymore. With the light of my life snuffed out by the pull of trigger. I make my way back to the car and climb in. Today's a special day, today I will see Taehyung again.

           I drive back to the house where we have been staying. A small smile sat atop my lips as I thought of seeing Taehyung again. Zombie like I make my way into the house.

           No one was home. Yoongi was out in a meeting and Hoseok and Jimin was at the bar inside town waiting for me. Little do they know I won't be there. Not because I don't feel like getting drunk as usual, but because I'll be dead.

           I walk my way into the kitchen and grab a bottle of whiskey and freshly sharpened knife. I stumbled my way up the stairs to the bathroom. Turning the faucet to as cold as possible I let it fill up. Moving to the cabinet I take out the back part to open the hidden compartment and take out all the pills I've collected over the time and set them out.

           I grabbing the pen and paper I write out my note for the rest of my Hyung's to read as I drink though the bottle of whiskey. Though they will know why I did this I still feel the need to write a final goodbye maybe it will help ease their minds more. There are parts of the paper that have tear drops smudging the writing a bit, but it's still legible.

            I shuffle me way back into the room locking the door and heading to my dresser. I pull out Taehyung's favorite hoodie to steal from me and throw it on. The fabric smelt like him from the last time he wore it. The warm vanilla and strawberry scent sending me to tears again. Going back into the bathroom I light some candles and turn off the light closing the door and locking it.

            Opening the pill bottles I take out a heavy amount of each swallowing the many different pain, sleep, etc with the now finished bottle of whiskey. I look at the now full tub of ice water and take in a shaky breath before lowering myself into the water. Sucking in a sharp breath at the intensity of the cold water covering my body. I grab my knife which laid on the tub counter.

          I slowly drag it along my skin causing huge cuts to open and the blood to spill into the water. The cold water and pills now numbing my body so I feel no pain from it. Lifting the knife up to the candle light I enjoy the way my blood shimmers in the light and I smile happy as I know soon I'll see Taehyung again.

          Faster and deeper I continue to cut my body. When my arms go limp from the pills and loss of blood I just watch as the once clear water faded into a pink, now dark red. And as the candle light grows brighter and brighter as I drift off into the after life.

                        *              *              *

          I blink my eyes trying to focus them, but the land is still bright. Slowly it fades into a cool bright hue over everything. I look around seeing Mountains in the background, and me in a huge clearing surrounded by a forest. The was a large pond in the middle and beautiful flowers grew about the pond side. What catches my eye the most is the tall figure crouched by the waters edge.

          I run with all my might to him. My heart beating from my chest. It's him! It's really him! Tears of joy streak my cheeks as I sprint towards him.

         "Taehyung!" I yell making the silver haired male to snap his head around at the sound of my voice. I slow a bit as he stands up hands clasped together as he holds them close to his chest and his bottom lip starting to trembling.

          I finish the distance between us and wrap him into a tight hug. He doesn't respond to the hug instead he sobs softly into my ear as I cling to him. I gently pull away whipping the tears from his reddening cheeks.

          "Tae baby what's a matter?" He breaks down more as I cup his cheeks soothingly.

           "You're not suppose to be h-here y-yet!" He chokes out falling to his knees embracing me. "Your supposed to be alive, living a good life."

            "I-I tried baby, b-but I couldn't li-live without you." I sobbed into his shoulder clutching as tightly as possible. "I didn't even make it a year without you, let alone a life time."

             Pulling away cupping his cheek as we looked at each other with glassy eyes and tear stained cheeks, we laughed at our pathetic selves before I leaned in for a kiss. I ghosted my lips over his before molding them together.

            We continued kissing for a few minutes tongues exploring each other's mouths, before pulling away smiling at each other.

           Grasping his hand I stood up, pulling Taehyung to his feet as well. Together we walked off to start our afterlife of being with each other forever.

THE END