0.9

"New rule, if you ever feel bad about yourself or you doubt yourself, come to us and talk to us. You can't keep everything to yourself. You need to tell us." Lauren stressed to the young girl.

"Kay Lolo..." (Y/N) said, avoiding eye contact with the Latinas. Ever since the other day she had been more reserved and shy, agreeing with whatever her caregivers said and not causing trouble, not that she did anyway. 

Things were changing, for better or worse, they weren't sure.

"Baby, you know we love you and we would never leave, right?" Camila asked gently.

Tears filled the young girls eyes as she stared at the floor, nodding her head.

"Com'ere nugget," Lauren said as she held her arms open, the little girl jumping into her lap as she hugged her mami tightly.

"No leave..." She mumbled into the ravens haired girls neck.

"Never..." Lauren reassured, hugging her tighter. 

After a few seconds Lauren held one arm open for Camila, the girl joining the hug quickly.

Later that night as Camila bathed the young girl, (Y/N) sat quietly in the bath staring at the bubbles in front of her.

Camila kissed the side of her head before wetting her hair and beginning to wash it.

"Mama?" (Y/N) whispered quietly. Camila stopped washing her babies hair and frowned slightly.

"Yes baby?" She asked concerned.

"You love me?" (Y/N) asked frowning at the bubbles.

"More than ever." Camila replied quickly, washing her soapy hands in the water before turning her baby around.

"No leave?" She asked her mama.

"Never, mami and I will be here as long as you'll let us." Camila reassured. 

The young girl seemed to have a hard time believing anyone would love her and not leave. Camila momentarily thought about the girls family, she hadn't spoken about her parents or called them in the two weeks of break she'd been on.

Her babies hand on her cheek snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Promise?" (Y/N) asked with teary eyes, holding out her pinky.

"Promise my little banana thief." Camila said smiling as she latched her pinky with the younger girls.

"Now turn back around so mama can wash out your soapy hair." Camila said, tickling under the girls chin.

(Y/N) laughed an turned around, pausing to turn back to Camila momentarily. "Mama?" She asked again.

"Yes baby?" Camila asked, stroking her babies rosy cheek.

"has toys?" She asked shyly causing Camila to laugh a little.

"Of course bumble bee." Camila said as she turned to get the girls toys under the sink. Passing her a small basket of bath toys, (Y/N) pulled out of bath crayons and began to draw.

Looking up from her daughters hair, Camila was shocked to see a large blue eyes on the wall of the bathroom.