Chapter 24

But then that dreadful question I didn't want to hear came out.

"Andi, what are you doing out here"

I didn't know I'd meet any one I know so I didn't prepare for this question but I still ransacked my brain for sensible answers.

"Uh..." I trailed off still ransacking my brain "I forgot my IV at home and I can't enter, nobody's home too, I'll just go back, see ya b" I said and tried to walk away before she'd fire another question at me.

"Come on, wait up, You can come in as my date, nobody won't know the famous Andrea Johnson." She said and dragged up to the entrance.

"You can go in ma'am" the guard said after scanning our invitation card.

"Thanks B" I said when we got it in.

"Anytime, anyway, we have yo split up now as I have to look for my real date, see ya later girl" she said before walking away, and I thanked the good Lord for taking her away.

"I see you finally got in, well have fun at the party" Ama suddenly appeared beside me.

"You too" I said and she left.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Bollington Shareholders' night" a man said into the speaker.

"Anyway, I hope you're having fun, don't doll people, have fun, drink up, eat up but please do not smoke up, do that at home" he said the last part jokingly so as not to offend the smokers in this party and everyone laughed.

"Cheers to good shareholding" he said and every one laughed before raising their glasses.

A waiter passed beside me and I quickly grabbed a drink.

"Wow, such a beauty" a man said beside me.
"Thanks" I said and tried to move away.

"Hey, chill out, I know you're married, I'm not trying to hit on you" he said and stopped me from leaving.
"How do you know that?" I asked. Well its not like I have married written on my forehead.

"Your hand, nice ring though, but if I was the one getting married to this beauty, I'd have done better"he said and I huffed.

"Well, the one who has you is lucky and has been favored amongst men" he said and I laughed.

Then I thought about it for a while, he truly is lucky, that's if I want to remember those praises I received when I was younger.

"Am I really beautiful?" I asked suddenly, and the man looked shocked.

"Of course you are, you are so beautiful that even blind men would turn to look at you when you pass" he said and I smiled.

"I honestly do not feel like that though" I muttered much more to myself than to anybody.

We talked and laughed for a long time, he practically stood beside me throughout the party, even if I could feel my husband's glare boring holes into both our heads, I still didn't acknowledge him.

He can't be flexing round with a woman while I remain lonely here. No, I won't allow it. I won't allow him kill my social life.

"Oh, we've been talking for a while now and I still don't know you" i said.

"Well I know you" he answered.

"Uh? Really?" I asked and he nodded.
"Well I'm David Muritala, but you can call me Dave" he said and I nodded.

A message entered my phone and I checked.

Let's go it said and I sighed.

"I have to go now Dave, till another time, enjoy" I said and waved bye to him.

"Wait, take this, call me, okay, we have a lot to talk about" he said and pushed his business card into my hands.

"thanks Dave, at least now I have a friend" I said and rushed off, before my wonderful and patient husband got angry.

••••
We got home a little past midnight and I was so tired. Thank God I didn't have to sit at the party, but then my ankles hurt like hell in my six inch heels.

"I see you've found yourself a new lover" my husband said as soon as we got inside.

"He's just a friend Mr. Lawrence"

"Yeah, right, just a friend" he huffed. "Anyway I need you to vacate this room, Ama's coming" he said and I gaped at him.

"If you want to do shit with Ama, can't it be In any other room aside from my matrimonial bed?" I asked.

"What? Did you just talk back at me? Did you just tell me what to do?" He asked looking dangerous.

"Sorry" I muttered and stood up to leave.

"I'm not done with you" he said and dragged me back to his side.
"Ama would use this room and you'll be happy about it" he said and I nodded.
"Now smile" he commanded and I just couldn't bring myself to smile.

Before I knew it a slap landed on my face, making me fall on the floor.
"I fucking said smile" he shouted and I smiled even if that smile came as a result of tears.

I wouldn't call it smiling though, it was more of me trying to hide my tears by stretching my lips. you get the logic right?

"Now go" he said and i sighed.
At least I won't be getting more beatings tonight. I won't be able to handle it.

I opened the door to see Ama eavesdropping on our conversation but I ignored her.

"Bye" she said and I looked at her, for a moment I saw pity in her eyes but then it vanished and was replaced by anger.

I went to the den and watched some movies before falling asleep there.

Yayyyy...The Billionaire Twins is rated #35 in Nigeria...
Your votes and comments is what keeps me going...
I love you guys😘

Vote, comment, share