Chapter 22

"Well, you're about to find out" he said before he forcefully turned, making me lie on my stomach with my bare back and butt facing him. Then I heard him unbuckling his belt.

Oh God, please not now, God please, I'm still so sore down there. Doing this now will completely damage me... I cried silently, waiting for him to do whatever, cause I was too weak to fight back.

"This is what I do to sluts like you, that lie to me" he said before lashing me on my bare bum with his belt.

"Ahhhhh" I screamed in pain.
I wasn't expecting that!!! Thinking that was the last hit, I tried to turn, to face him before another hit landed on my back again and I screamed again, only to be hit continuously.

"Oh, how I love it when you scream" he said as he continued hitting me with his belt.

"Oh god please Mr. Lawrence, please stop, I'm begging you please. Let me go, please, I'm begging you" I begged but he didn't listen, he kept hitting me and I kept screaming and screaming.

"I *hit* pay *hit* your *hit* fucking debt *hit* so *hit* when I *hit* fucking need *hit* you *hit* you'll *hit* answer me *hit*"

"Yes I promise, please stop already"  I begged.
"You don't tell me what to do you slut"

He kept cursing at me, hitting me with his belt for what felt like hours.

"Next time you obey me, always, never lie to me and never ignore me you bitch, I own you, your uncle sold you to me, so behave next time, cause I promise, I won't be as gentle as this" he said before walking out if the room, banging the door behind him.

Oh God, what have I done to deserve this? Who have I offended? Why am I suffering this much?

I remained on my bed cause I couldn't dare to stand up, my back hurt like hell, I felt like I had been sent to hell and back.

"Holy Jesus!! Oh no, madam, oh oh oh... What have you done to deserve this?, oh no" Bose cried when she came into my room and saw the way I was.

Hearing her cry about my back brought tears to my eyes too.

"Is he gone?" I asked, my voice coming out as a whisper. I was so exhausted, you can't even imagine how much.

"No, but he's preparing to leave, he was making a phone call when I last saw him in the smaller living room downstairs." She whispered back and the sight of my bare back again got her tearing up.

"Ma'am, I'll be back now, let me get you something for your back" she said before she exited the room.

I don't know how I got here but all I know is I'm stuck in hell! Leaving it would cost a lot, Anna, Andrew and Adrian would suffer. This is my only sacrifice to them. I'm willing to bear this cross for them.
I'm willing to remain with a husband that doesn't bring his friends home, a husband that leaves his wife at home but goes out with his mistress. A husband that I don't even know his first name. I'm stuck with Mr. Lawrence!!! I really am stuck in HELL!!

After a few minutes, Bose came back with a bowl of hot water, a towel and a balm for my back.

"Ouch" I hissed when she touched my wounds.
"Sorry madam, sorry, endure" she kept soothing anytime I hissed.

"Madam, I don't know what to do o, but oga said I should tell you to get ready, that you're going out with him. He says you should wear something sexy and fancy" she announced before she left.

Oh God, can this day get any worse?

When it was almost 4pm, Bose came in to announce that it was time for me to clean up and get ready for my evening with my "darling husband"

"Do you call him any other thing except from Mr. Lawrence, or Oga?" I asked when she had finished running my bath water. I had asked her to stay behind with me, cause I didn't want to be alone.

"No ma, he strictly ordered that that's what we call him" she explained and I frowned at the thought.
What an arrogant jerk I thought.

"What of you ma? You've been living with us for almost 6months Noe but you only call him Mr. Lawrence too" she asked, not sounding rude at all.

"Yes that's because I don't know his first name." I answered.

"Oh really?" she asked thoughtfully.
"Yes" I answered.

Since the incident earlier this morning, I and Bose had bonded a little.
We had cried together, laughed together, I have even told her about my siblings.

"Madam, there's a rum our going about that his name starts from T" she explained and I dwelled on the thought.

"How sure are you?" I asked.

"Well his driver, came home one day to say that Ama had called him T one day while they were arguing about something" "Get up madam, it's time to dress up, your husband instructed that you be ready before 6" she said before helping me up.

I wasn't really in the mood to pick clothes right now, so I asked her to walk into my closet and pick whichever she liked.

She came back with a  turquoise blue body fitted gown that reached just before my ankle.

"Thank you, Bose" I said before she sat me down by the mirror to help put my hair in place.

"It's nothing, you know, I once went through all this" she suddenly said after a moment of silence.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I stayed with him, I endured the pain" she answered.

"Why?" I asked.
"My step mother forced me to stay with him, truly it started as love, but he had little change on him, so when he started beating me, my step mother said I shouldn't dare or she would kill me herself, I still tried to leave though, but I became pregnant and helpless"  She explained, tears welling in her eyes.

"Oh no" I said in disbelief. "Where's your baby" I asked.

"One day, my husband was being followed by thieves and my baby was expecting her daddy home, he came home and that day, with some guys following him, he took them to the other flats in the house and the thieves robbed them all, he had money in him but he refused to admit it, when they had robbed all the other flats, they escorted him to the door and turned to leave. He closed the door that night but his drunk self was too drunk to shut up, he started blabbering about how much of a fool those thieves were, they had heard him and they came back to collect the money on him" by now we were both a crying mess. "They knocked the door like that responsible souls, my daughter, who was ignorant to everything happening, opened the door for them,and they took all the money we had in the house before leaving. My husband got angry" she cried again "and he took the stove I was using too cook and threw it at my daughter, I didn't know,I was in the room still shaking because if you the robbers, I came into the living room to see that my daughter was on fire, and my drunk husband had left the house. the doctors tried to rescue her but it was too late, she was badly burnt, my poor baby died the next  day" she cried and I joined her. I can't believe a person With a mind would do this.

This life is so wicked!!

Men are Scums!! They shouldn't be given the chance to live, i thought.
But then some aren't like that, just that I haven't had the best encounter with them, starting from my dad, to Ola, to Luke and now Mr. T Lawrence.

"Honey, I'm home" talk of the devil, and he will show up.

*tears* I don't know why I keep crying *sniffs* Bose's story isn't a good one, so pathetic, I actually cried when I wrote this.
*wipes tears and brace up*

Anyway, where do you think Mr. T Lawrence is taking Mrs. A Lawrence,and more importantly, what is hr going to do with her there?
"What do you think Mr Lawrence's real name is???

OGA - Pidgin Language for  Master/Boss
Don't forget to Vote, comment(answer the above questions), share(tell your friends about this book) and follow.
it means a lot to me...
😘😘😘