5: Making progress

Start from the beginning

"Oh, right" he said as Armin turned on the lights, shaking his blonde bob at him. Eren reached after his phone to look at the time. Since Armin was home it should be around 4 PM, but he found to his surprise that it was late into the night already.

"What the fuck? It's 9 PM?" Armin

"You didn't notice?" Armin said while plopping down on his bed with a store bought sandwich in his hand.

"You're my clock, Armin. I never noticed you coming home after class..."

"Yeah, I kinda skipped dinner... I was in a pinch"

"Pinch me. Armin - skipping meals? That must've been one hell of a pinch you were in, I'm supposed to be the disorderly type here!" Eren grinned.

"Tsk. Saying it like you're proud of it" Armin replied and took a bite of his sandwich. Eren looked back to his phone to see if there was anything exciting that he had missed during the day, but it seemed to be just the usual. A few texts from random people, some spam mails, some social media notifications and... a notice from the dating app.

"Jonathan and three others sent you a message!"

He bit his lip and wondered if Levi possibly was one of those "others". He ignored the rest of the shit that he had missed during the day in favor for the app in question. He glanced towards Armin's bed to make sure that he wasn't looking at what he was doing from behind before opening the ongoing conversations. He probably just imagined feeling his heart jump a little upon seeing Levi's name in bold letters.

Levi:
I bet you're the shitty angst type who would agonize about who to be the first one to take contact again after a date, so I'll spare you the trouble.

Eren read and smiled at the message. He hadn't known the man for even remotely long, but he still thought that the message was so typical Levi. He supposed that he just had such a distinct personality. Apparently he had sent the message pretty early in the morning so he hurried to send a reply.

You:
Aww Levi, always so thoughtful and kind

Such a role model

Levi:
What is this late reply? Aren't college kids supposed to hang over the phone all day? I thought for sure that you had dumped my ass.

You:
No way.

I'm in the middle of working on a design and my artistic sense works extra effectively after getting off ;) kinda forgot time and space, lol

Levi:
Design? What's your major?

And don't 'lol' me, that's just ridiculous, you lazy shit.

You:
Right, I forgot that you're an old man. My apologies, mister!

Architecture, doing my third year now

Levi:
Really? Never thought you had it in you, brat.

I mean, I assumed you were aiming for being a broke stand up comedian.

You:
Well, that's my plan B!

I'm actually good at it though believe it or not. Especially after the right kick of inspiration ;)

Levi:
Just telling you early on that I don't want to be the inspiration for any dick shaped houses. No matter how big and splendid they are.