Chapter 1

"Together we can make it to the end of the line. Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time!

I don't know what to do I'm always in the dark. We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks!"

I groan loudly and turnedrat Jasmine. She was over on her bed with her headphones plugged into her ear. She was singing loudly and bobbing her head to the music she was listening to, unaware of the nuisance she was causing.

"I really need you tonight. Forever is gonna start tonight..." She continued.

"Jasmine!" I shouted, but with her back to me and the headphones in her ear, she didn't hear me. "Jasmine!" I tried louder.

"...Once upon a time I was falling in love, now I'm only falling apart. There's nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart.

Once upon a time there was light in my life, now there's only love in the dark. There's nothing I can say, a total ecli-"

The rest of Jasmine's words were cut off as the pillow I threw hit her on her back. She spun around and glared at me.

"Why did you do that?" She asked, pulling the headphones from her ears.

"What should I've done? You were completely deaf to my calls." I said, then patted the textbook that was in my hands. "You were disturbing me. How am I supposed to concentrate when you're over there screaming your lungs out?"

Rolling her eyes, Jasmine turned and lay on her stomach, looking at me. "I don't understand what you are so worried about? We both know that you are going to ace that test."

"I wished I share your confidence. This test is tomorrow and I'm supposed to study three chapters from this text." I patted the thick textbook sitting on my lap.

"Girl, you always do well in your tests. With your knowledge, you could rewrite that textbook without looking at it." She said, gesturing to the book on my lap.

I gave her a look. "Okay, now you're just over exaggerating."

"It's close enough to the truth." She replied, moving back into a sitting position. I rolled my eyes but smiled at her. I was glad that I have Jasmine as my roommate. In first year, I got a girl who I rarely saw. She was out every night with a different guy and then came in late in the night or morning, sometimes drunk or her clothes inside out. She was more interested in sleeping around than to even know her own roommate's name.

Thankfully, when we got to second year, they allowed us to choose. I, of course, chose Jasmine to be my roommate. I couldn't be happier that we were at the same college and also we're now roommates. I don't know what I would have done without her.

We would see Lucas and Kevin almost every week, even though they both were at different colleges from Jasmine and I. I was happy and grateful that we were all in New York together.

I was brought from my thoughts by a sound coming from my laptop in front of me. The sound indicated that I was getting a video call. When I looked at the screen, a wide smile came across my face. I quickly clicked the accept button.

"Hey babe," I said, as soon as his face came up on the screen.

"Hey Kitten, how are you?" Carson asked.

Jasmine mumbled behind me. "Oh, so now you forget that you have a test."

I turned and stuck my tongue out at her, before turning back to Carson. "I'm okay. I just miss you."

"I miss you too." He replied.

At the beginning of our second semester, Carson went to a different state on internship. It was a three months internship, so he was supposed to be back in April. Thankfully, we were now in April and he was going to be back next week. I couldn't wait to see him. These three months without him was absolute torture. I miss him like crazy.

"You're still coming next week, right?" I asked.

"Yep. My internship is over and done with." His lips stretched into a smile. "I can't wait to see you."

I returned his smile. "Me too."

Suddenly, Carson lifted his eyebrows and studied me intently. His grin turned sly. "You have a test tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"Kitten, I know you. Your eyes have that wide frantic look and your hair has that cute tousled look it gets whenever you run your hands through it constantly." He explained.

I glared at him. "I do not do that." I protested childishly.

"Of course you do. I always find it cute." He teased. "You want to know what though? You are going to do great, babe. You always do."

"That's what I told her." I heard Jasmine said behind me.

"Is that Jasmine?" Carson asked. I nodded my head and shifted the laptop screen in the direction of Jasmine's bed. As soon as he could see her, Carson spoke. "Hey, Jasmine. I hope you are taking care of my girl here."

"Hey, Carson. You know I am. I'm the one keeping her sane."

"Good," Carson said, while I roll my eyes at her response. Jasmine giggled at my reaction, before turning her attention back to her phone.

I turned the screen back to me. "You guys are hilarious. She's the crazy one." Carson just burst out laughing.

When his laughter died down, he said. "Well, I'll let you study now. Good luck."

"Thanks. I'll see you soon." I waved at him.

"See you soon. I love you."

I blew him a kiss. "I love you too." With that, his face disappeared from the screen as the call ended.

A few seconds later, I heard Jasmine say. "Look at you smiling. Aww...you guys are so cute." I didn't realize that a wide smile was on my face until Jasmine spoke. I turned to face her and saw that she was watching me, grinning like a maniac. I took up another pillow from my bed and threw it at her. She doubled over on her bed laughing.

I went back to the book in front of me, more relaxed with the smile still on my face.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
AN: Hola mi amigas!

Thanks for reading the sequel to 'Her Saving Grace'. I hope you will enjoy this story!

This chapter is dedicated to all my loyal readers who have read 'Her Saving Grace'. Thanks for deciding to journey with me on this second book. Love you all!! ❤❤😘😘

Beautiful cover made by DiamondSkys It's fantastic!! ❤❤

Vote and comment!

Alecia