♡/☾)A Not-So Cinderella Story||Superboy

Reader: Miss Martian's stepsister

AU: Cinderella

Summary: (Y/N)'s sister is Miss Martian, who goes by the name 'Cinderella' in the family except for (Y/N). When they're invited to the royal ball, Miss Martian catches the prince's eye. But does she return those feelings?

Key: (E/S/N) = Evil Stepsister's name
           (F/A) = Favorite animal

----------------------------------------

Why is this titled a not-so Cinderella story? Well, it's not really about a girl named Cinderella, finding true love, and dumping her old evil family. That's not it. This. Is in a stepsister's point of view. (Y/N) (L/N)'s point of view, to be exact.

Yes, strange, that's true, but (Y/N) is a different kind of evil stepsister. Actually, she's not evil whatsoever! You'll see when you read this chapter.

*_*

"M'gann? You ok back there?", you asked your stepsister worriedly.

M'gann was your stepsister, but your sister and mother called her Cinderella, which you thought was rude and mean. You were always nice to M'gann because you always felt mad at the way your family treated her, so you decided to help her as much as you could.

At this moment, M'gann way trying to carry three trays of tea; including yours.

"I-I'm alright!!", M'gann called out, but you could hear the slight strain in her voice.

You shook your head and took one of the trays of her head as she tried to balance everything.

"You think I'll believe that? C'mon, let's go.", you smiled at her.

She shot you a small smile of gratitude, "What would I do without you, (Y/N)? You're the best."

Your heart fluttered with a smidge of pride and happiness as you beamed at her happily.

"And what would I do without you? (E/S/N) is so hard to handle. And so is Mother...", you sighed, "I'm so sorry for the way they treat you."

M'gann just smiled at your concern, "Aw, it's ok (Y/N). Honestly, I'm still so surprised of how different you are from your family."

You giggled, "I know! Mother says I take on my father's side..."

Your giggles faded as you thought of your father. Your father was one of the most kindest, most caring person you had ever met. You always wondered why your father fell in love with a woman like your mother, but maybe she was different back then. Before his death.

"I'm so sorry, (Y/N).", M'gann said softly.

You snapped out of your thoughts and grinned at her, "It's nothing, M'gann. Now, let's get this tea to Mother before she blows her top off."

M'gann laughed as you both ambled up the stairs, trying not to spill a single drop of tea onto the ground.

"(Y/N) (L/N).", a cold icy voice settled in the atmosphere, like it was changing the temperature drastically.

You swallowed your saliva thickly as you slowly turned around, the tray of tea trembling in your hands.

"Mother...", you said quietly, your eyes not daring to meet her cold stare.

"What. Did I tell you about helping her.", she said coldly, gazing sternly at you both.

"I-I'm sorry, Mother.", you mumbled, gripping the trays tightly until your knuckles turned white.