♡)Symbiosi||Aqualad||Part 1

My first Aqualad x Reader!! I didn't really have any idea for Kaldur at first, but now I have a pretty good plot! I hope.

I'm also going to add titles to all my chapters, so you'll probably get a LOT of update notification thingys if you have those. Anyways, I won't keep you here any longer. Enjoy!!

Reader: Atlantean.

Summary: Aqualad has always seen (Y/N) as a sister and nothing more. When Miss Martian destroys his brain, thinking that he's evil, she and (Y/N) are both captured to heal him. Will he and (Y/N) set their feelings straight then?

Key: (N/N) = Nickname

-----------------------------------------------

  "Wait for me! Kaldur'ahm!!"

"Catch me if you can!!!", the eight-year-old boy laughed at you while swimming in the water as fast as he could.

You giggled, bubbles emerging from your lips while doing so.

Tula and Garth were right behind you, trying to catch up to you and Kaldur. Garth puffed out his cheeks like a pufferfish, pouting at you.

"Slow down a bit!! Yeesh. Chasing you guys is too tiring for me.", he whined, doing an underwater backflip.

Tula sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, shaking her head at him, "Seriously, Garth? We've only been swimming for, like, six minutes."

Garth scoffed and looked away, "I-I'm just tired today!!"

You laughed at the exchange but kept chasing after Kaldur in hopes of catching him. You stretched out your hand, almost touching his back.

"(Y/N)!! Watch out!!!", Tula screamed.

You whipped your head around at the sound of her voice, but it was too late. You accidentally got hit my piece of floating coral that was probably snapped off from somewhere.

Tears fell from your eyes (is that possible underwater??) as you held the side of your waist. Luckily for you, it was a small piece of coral, so it didn't cause too much damage. The bad news was that even a small piece of coral can hurt an eight-year-old girl pretty bad.

Kaldur stopped right in his tracks hearing your cries and swam over to you, activating his inner dad mode.

"(Y/N)?? Are you alright???", he asked you worriedly.

You bit your lip and shook your head. Tula quickly rushed to your side, seeing a bruise on your waist.

"Do not worry, I will get you back home safely.", Kaldur reassured, picking you up bridal style.

You burried your face into his chest, hugging him tightly.

"Thanks, Kal.", you mumbled into his chest, making him smile.

"You're welcome. I will always be here to protect you."

You looked up at him, "Symbiosi?"

He nodded, smiling, "Together."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

(16 yrs old) --8 years later--

  "Kal? W-We'll always be friends... right?", you asked him worriedly.

Kaldur was always busy now since he was the protégé of Aquaman now. Garth could've been a protégé as well, but he declined, returning to his studies. But Kaldur, being who he was, jumped at the chance to serve his king.

Kaldur shot you a concerned look, "Whatever do you mean by that?"

"W-Well...", you started, looking down at your fingers, "Now that you're a protégé of our king... will you forget me?"