A Night Terror

It was a peaceful night. The wind was blowing nice cool air in through the window. For once I don't feel on guard. I was at peace but then I heard it.

"No. Get away from her. Take me not her. No! Don't hurt my mom she's all I have left, please!" My eyelids flew open. I quickly looked over the edge of my bed down at Yoongi. He was tossing and turning. I jumped down and turned on his bedside lamp.

I pushed my hair behind my ears and grabbed onto his face. "Yoongi. It's a nightmare. Wake up. Hey! It's Levi!" He kept tossing, turning, and screaming no. He slapped around and landed one on my face. I didn't know what to do so I did the only thing I could think of. I grabbed his face and kissed him. I felt him calm down and sync into it. I broke the kiss and looked at him. His eyes opened.

He whispered. "I'm so sorry." He started to cry. I sat down on the bed and grabbed him. He put his head on my stomach and hugged me.

I stroked his hair as he sobbed into my shirt soaking it. "Shhh. You're ok now. I've got you. I'm right here."

"H-How did you p-pull me out of that n-n-n-night terror?"

"You mean you didn't feel it?" I frown and look down at his face.

"Wait. I didn't kiss you? You kissed me?"

I blushed, getting a bit embarrassed. "Exactly."

"The only way to get out of the night terrors is for me to start to feel safe again. Am I safe with you?" He sounded so scared. His tone was almost that of a little kid.

I looked deep into his eyes. "Always." He hugged me a little tighter. I shifted in his grip and laid completely beside him. He started to doze off so I started to get up.

His arm grabbed my waist tighter. "No. Don't leave."

I smiled. "Ok. I'll stay."

I woke up that morning and rubbed my eyes. It was Saturday today. I looked over to my left side and saw Yoongi on his laptop.

He looked down at me and smiled. "Good morning princess. I hope you slept well."

"Ya. You?"

"Better when you came down." I blushed. "Should we record the rest of the song today so I can release it?"

I nod. "Sure."

Recording took most of the day but we had time left. We decided to go to the mall. We didn't find anything there but we were there mostly to laugh.

We didn't talk about the kiss. It happened. We didn't start dating, we didn't "fall in love". We were us. Just two souls living in a messed up world. Two souls that for some reason found their ways to each other. Of course, there were hidden feelings between both of us. There was no denying that but in our own ways, we were broken and we needed to rebuild ourselves before building upon us.

Sunday was fun. We drove around and I showed Yoongi places I like to hang out alone. I took him to a bigger city around dark.

"Levi where are you taking me?"

"It's a secret. It's where I go to clear my head to write my songs and stories..."

Oh shit. No one knew that I wrote songs or stories. Not even my closest friends know so why did I just tell him? Him! Out of all people.

I cursed myself silently for starting to care about him. As much as my heart longed for him, his attention, and affection I can't let it happen. If that happened he would be in danger. If he isn't already.

He looked over at me frowning but smirking slightly. "You write songs and stories?"

"Yes..."

"Can I see a story and hear a song?"

I bite my lip. "Maybe."

We reach the spot.

"Wow. Now I see why you come here." The lights twinkled in his eyes.

"Ya. It was my dad's favorite place." I sighed.

"Where has your dad been? On business?"

I take a deep breath and stare forward calmly. "No. Dead."

Yoongi looks over at me with wide eyes. "Levi I'm so sor..."

I cut him off. "No. Please. I don't want your pity. It's fine. I'm fine." A tear rolled down my cheek.

Yoongi pulled me into a tight hug. "Can I ask how it happened?"

I sniffled struggling to find the words. "Umm, well, when I was taken into the agency it was not a shock that the MSS had enemies but one, in particular, wanted me. The first mission I ever had I got when I was only two months into the program. I wasn't the best but at the time I was being groomed to be. I was taken to a place where a supposed gang was to be. I was to kidnap the gang leader's son and then take him down. I did so. Little did the MSS know, the son was the underboss. He took over the gang at the young age of 14. He found my true identity because at the time I just went by Levi or agent 07, not Princess. He broke into my home while I and my mother were at the camp. I will spare you of the gory details of what they did to my father. He was a good man. Ever since that day, I vowed to be the one to kill the son of a bitch that killed my loving father." I looked up at Yoongi.

His face was hard to read but his eyes spoke volumes. "How are you so brave and tough yet so sweet and fragile?"

That's when I heard a creak. I snapped my head toward the sound and saw only a silhouette. "Long time no see. Princess."