➳ sights

later that day

[many games of i spy later, the travellers are driving along a dusty red path, occasional signs floating past them. one in particular, reads; uluru: 18 km on your right.]

liv: hey, we should make a stop there. maybe they'll have food.

luke: normal food?

liv: [sighs] luke, all food is--- you know what? yes, they'll have normal food.

luke: cool. how long is eighteen kilometres?

liv: [shrugs] it's like fifeteen minutes i think.

luke: thank god, we've been driving since like, seven and we've only had an apple. what the hell is the time now? [checks phone, quickly looking back to the road] no wonder! it's nearly one-thirty.

liv: crikey.

luke: don't turn bogan on me.

liv: [laughs] never. hey, we should do that thing where you can climb to the top of the rock and you know, look out and stuff. it seems cool.

luke: didn't they put a ban on that a few years ago?

liv: i don't know, we'll ask them.

luke: when you say we, you mean me, don't you?

liv: [mocks hurt] do you really have that little faith in me? i'm appalled. but yes, i mean you. i'll be ordering the food, where ever it'll be.

luke: i'm quite capable of ordering food, you know.

liv: i know your capable. i also know you'll order some huge gigiantic monstrosity of a mean for me, which i won't be able to finish, and you know i hate wasting food, also you'll order everything on the menu, meaning we'll go broke, and we still need money for petrol.

luke: okaaayyy, good point.

liv: you sounded funny just then.

luke: i'm always funny.

liv: i think your mistaken for stupid.

luke: [places one hand over heart] you wound me deeply.

liv: [shakes head, smiling]

luke: [exclaims] this isn't a laughing matter!

liv: you're a laughing matter.

luke: oh great comeback. i think i'm going to need some ice.

liv: sarcasm is un-healthy, my dear friend.

luke: [scoffs] then why do you use it all the time?

liv: because i'm just immune to it.

luke: [drawls] oh congratulations on that save, liv. 'i'm immune to it' that's gotta be gold or something.

liv: i'm glad you applaud me for my skills. you better turn or we're going to miss getting food.

luke: oh. right. [turns off onto another gravelly road, towards the site]