➳ games

crossing the border

[after another hour or so of driving, they reach the border, however, luke doesn't jump out of the car to take a picture, as he's paranoid about a kangaroo chasing them. instead, they carry on with their game of i spy that liv suggested earlier]

liv: oh come on luke! it's so easy, it starts with b and we just passed it!

luke: well thanks for making it easy, miss-i-am-the-best-at-i-spy. it's border.

liv: that's a terrible name.

luke: oh, please forgive me.

liv: i don't know. you really disappointed me with your naming skils.

luke: [grins] let it goooo! let it gooooooooooo!

liv: [facepalms] oh god! enough! i forgive you, geez.

luke: [smiles]

liv: you and your disney movies... [shakes head]

luke: they're classic. you don't argue with a disney movie. speaking of which, i spy something with my little eye, something beginning with d.

liv: [exclaims] you can't see a disney!

luke: just go ahead and ruin my fun, why don't you.

liv: [coos] aww, don't be upset. [mocks] hakuna mata!

luke: that's the spirit, it's all in the songs!

liv: yeah, well, can  just say the some of the storylines are weird. i mean why would you kiss a frog, no matter what the circumstances were?

luke: it's romantic.

liv: it's gross.

luke: get your disney downs away from me, you monster.

liv: [shakes head, smiling]

[short silence follows]

liv: what the hell are we listening to?

luke: i dunno, look at what station it is. we changed them at one point because they all went spastic.

liv: [grimaces] we're listening to an old people station.

luke: oh, well i refuse to listen to that. change it immeadiately. i can feel myself ageing.

liv: [chuckles] so you can practically feel the wrinkles forming on your face?

luke: yes! and i happen to have a marvellous face, and i'd like to keep it that way.

liv: too late.

[silence]

liv: [shouts] hey! no hitting girls.

luke: no insulting my face.