•36•

•••

"For the last time, I won't pronouns that, Emaan."

"Why not, it's a beautiful word, Mi héore!"

For the past ten minutes, Emaan have been trying to make Deena pronouse this word in Spanish which was one of the hardest sentences she ever heard.

"No, Emaan."

Raising an eyebrow, she refused. Saleena pouted and shook her neck aggressively, almost hurting her neck.

"Ok ok, just don't do that again. We don't wanna go to the clinic for some broken neck problem" Deena joked and Emaan took it as one too and laughed so loud making Deena startled that the cafeteria would think she was stupid which she is.

Ya Allah, this girl really needs to go to the hospital not a clinic.

Emaan was clinging on Deena ever since she walked in with a huge smile as she run to hug her Mi héroe, her hero while the hero herself prayed for Allah to not get suffocated on the Spanish speakers happiness.

Emaan was obviously a happy chipmunk that would love jump everywhere on everyone for simply a hug, but that fact that she was a Muslim was stopping her from jumping on people because it was haram. So Deena was the only option.

Her jumping and asking for kisses and hugs was normally to Deena. Over a week now she has been going through morning hugs and kisses from her first friend.

And over a week now, she hasn't seen Zayn. Not only Wilson, but Martin, James, and Hernandez. You know them well, Zayn and his crew.

The reason to it is that have been expelled but only for week because of their stupid jokes and pranks on the teacher's.

The school have been so quite and non of them brought up about the scene in the cafeteria. Deena wasn't complaining at all, she just hopped not to see Zayn again because she when cursed there out loud, she ment it that she had enough of his bulls.

Zayn have been acting like he knows what to do, like he owns the school sometimes, or maybe he thinks he owns everything in the world. It annoyed Deena to the point where she just had to yelled it.

The good news is; Deena told her mother about Max, and he meet her and every time they met, Rudaina would give him a lecture about Islam which he was greatful for. Deena and Leena have been hanging out and all. She finally has a friend.

While Max wasn't just a Friend anymore, he was more and more each day. She was clearly imagining her future with him. With Max Wilson who would want to become a Muslim without his parents knowing.

It's a bad idea but he doesn't listen, and they already picked a name for him.

Maaz. Because it means A Brave Man and he thinks he's brave. It's also similar to his name, Max & Maaz.

It's complicating, and we all know it.

•••

"I set the lasagna for 25 minutes in the oven, don't forget that and don't forget the laundry too." Rudaina rushed to the door while talking to her daughter who was watching a movie on the tv.

"Hmm." Not giving too much effort into replying to her mother at all as she sucked on her chocolate bar. Exactly, the one Max bought for her.

And rudaina noticed the lack of interest in her daughter.

"Deena. Those movies won't get you anywhere near Jannah (Hevean) but Jahannam (Hell)." Her mother scolded and the only response she did was nod her head while still focused on the movie.