•10•

•••

It was almost 12, he was driving in the nighttime street alone.

Tired, exhausted, and sleepy.

He was drained out of energy as his eyes almost closed, feeling how heavy his eyes became and blurry.

Rubbing his eyes and groaning loud knowing no one is obviously around.

He had to stop for a while, he has been driving all night, searching everywhere for a Muslim, where could the girl go but he didn't find a hint of her.

He parked the car at the convenience store near his school, it was the only store open at this time.

Walking into the store to be greeted by the old man that owns the store, he ignored him as his vision became blurry making him shake his head while closing his eyes tightly.

Grabbing a can of beer and going to the old man again.

Placing the can on the table before pulling out his wallet to notice he had no change.

"Ugh, change this" throwing the paper money on the table as the old man smiles at him.

"What's up kid, you seem tired and fuzzy. Have you been up all night?" He asked with a grin. Zany nodded before licking his lip, waiting patiently for his change.

"Let me cheer you up" as soon as he said that, Zayn rolled his eyes sighing deeply, obviously showing how annoyed he was.

"I saw a girl crying today, around your age or maybe younger" the old man chuckles playing with his mustache.

"Not interested."

Zayn's reply didn't stop the old man.

"I told her, 'young lady, no matter what happened to you, keep smiling because it suits you' she smiled immediately and wipe her tears off!" The old man seemed so happy to tell him this but Zayn wasn't listening in general.

"And it really suits her! She was special, she was beautiful with those different eye color. Uh- what do they call it?.."

Something clicked Zayn's mind when he mentioned something about different eye color leaving him fully awake.

"Heterochromia! Yes, she had those eyes" he smiled handing him as if he had just bought up what someone never knew about.

"Repeat what you said" zayn ordered.

"I see, you showing the opposite of what you said which you are in fact interested" he smirked making zayn frustratedly shake his head.

"Old man! I don't have time for your bullshit, speak up!" Zayn was Irritatedly asking.

"What? About the heterochromia girl?"

"Exactly,"

The old mad smiles before starting.

"She was as beautiful as a-"

"Fuck!- just tell me where has she went?" He was impatiently growling.

"To the lakeside" he replies with a small smile as he pushed his rounded glasses back.

Lakeside? Why haven't I thought about it?

With no hesitation, Zayn left the store jogging to his car as he starts it as soon as he gets in it.

The school was near to the store and the store was just a bit far from the lake which is near each other but the question is, why hasn't he thought about it.

•••

As soon as he left his car and walked closer to the lake, he spots a figure beside the lake in the dark.