•Chapter 40: I love you, always•

Okay this is a farewell chapter so I hope ya'll are ready to read a long ass chapter ( :'') *actual tears )

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!

I love you!

🖤J

I never knew that I could love someone this bad. I never knew that this person could hurt me this bad and yet, my heart aches so good. Clementine thought as she played with Gabe's hair.

Gabe was completely clueless since he had his eyes closed and he's still sleeping. He snored a little, but Clementine found that adorable anyway.

"How can I save you without letting you go?" She whispered to his sleeping figure.

She sighed and let a tear roll down her cheek. She's still confused. She still didn't know what to do. If she chooses to be with Gabe, David is gonna come back and kill Aj or worse, kill her too.

She stroked his hair, but she was careful enough not to wake him up. She leaned forward to plant a kiss on his forehead. As she kissed him, more tears seemed to stream down her face and her heart ached more by the thought of letting him go.

Aj slept peacefully at a smaller fabric couch which made Clementine's mood lighten up a bit. She loved the two boys infront of her and she couldn't afford to lose one of them and yet she needs to choose or one of them leaves her, permanently.

What am I gonna do? She asked herself as she wiped her tears away.

Then while she was staring at nothingness, she remembered the conversation she had with David just before he left.

-flashback-
"Good." He smirked, seeming that he already won the argument but his smirk faded one he looked back at Clementine who was just standing by the door. "But, I know that you're a double-crossing bitch. So what am I gonna do if you don't obey me?" He asked, not her but himself. "I'm going to come back. I'm going to kill this kid and you'll never see it coming."

It seemed like she stopped breathing for awhile at the words he just said to her. "You know me Clementine. Nothing stops me from doing what I want to do. Doesn't matter if you're stronger than I am, I'm still going to do whatever the hell I want." He said through gritted teeth.

Clementine couldn't utter a single word and she remained frozed in her spot with tears streaming down her face. And for the first time, she actually felt vulnerable and weak while standing infront of her enemy. She couldn't help it. She had no choice. She's still a kid afterall.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She finally spoke. David chuckled at her vulnerable state and stood up, still carrying the toddler in his arms.

"Because... Gabe risked alot to get to you. And when I say alot, I mean a whole fuckin lot." He trailed off, his voice intimidating her eventhough he kept it calm. "Gabe lost his community, his friend Lizzie, Kate and even Javi. And guess what, they're all dead because of you." He ended as he paced around the room, still eyeing on Clem as if she were his prey.

"You're poison to him Clementine. He will do just about anything just so he could give his everything to you and you don't even deserve it."

"I know." She blurted out but she kept her head low and her eyes on her feet, too scared to face the monster himself. "I know I don't deserve it... but just because I don't deserve what he sacrificed for me, doesn't mean that I'll let it go to waste. I love him Dav—"