•Chapter 25: Walker guts•

The two pulled away from each other's grasp as Clementine looked at the walker that was in the hole.

"Maybe we can make it out..." Clementine said as she scanned the walker.

"What do you mean?" Gabe asked.

"We can get pass the herd... We just gotta cover ourselves with walker guts... Y'know, blend in." Clementine said to Gabe who had a face of disgust and surprise in his face.
"Its okay, we can get through this. I've done it before." Clementine said as she grabbed the walker by its arms, dragging it inside with them.

"I'll cut it open." Gabe volunteered.
"Are you sure? Its worse than what you think it is." Clementine said.
"Yeah, I can do it." Gabe said as he kneeled down and cut the walker's stomach open, revealing its disguting insides. This made him cringe but he resisted the urge to throw up infront of his crush.

"Disgusting." Gabe said.
"Told you." Clementine said as she kneeled beside Gabe and grabbed some of the guts and spread it on her body. Gabe did the same thing and he helped her get some on her back while Clementine help him get some on his.

"Its so gross." Gabe cringed.
"You'll get used to it.

After a few minutes, they were finally done and looked at each other.

"We look so gross." Gabe said.
"We smell gross too, which is good." Clementine said as she walked over to the barricaded door.

"How about we crawl out of that hole?" Gabe pointed out as Clementine rolled her eyes and look at Gabe.
"I knew that, I was just checking something." Clementine said.
"Yeah, sure Clem." Gabe said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.
"Oh, shut up Gabe." Clementine said jokingly as she crawled into the hole and out of the room.

Gabe soon followed and they both looked around and saw the herd that were walking around the streets.

Clementine grabbed Gabe's hand as Gabe held it tightly.

"Don't fucking let go no matter what okay?" Gabe whispered to Clementine who just gave him a smile and a nod.

***
Clementine and Gabe went through the walkers; hand in hand without being noticed til they came to a stop. Clementine looked up and saw David and Javi looking down at them.

She tugged Gabe's shirt, catching his attention and pointed to Javi and David. He smiled at the sight then looled at Clementine who was looking dearly at him.

They started walking towards the door but even before they could open it, Kate opened the door who had an expression of surprise on her face. Gabe and Clementine walked in and once they were safe, they barricaded the door and let out a breath they didn't know they were holding for awhile.

"Gabe! I thought we lost you!" Kate exclaimed as she hugged Gabe.

"I'm fine really... I was with Clementine." Gabe said as he pulled away and looked over to Clementine who had her arms crossed but had a sly smile on her face.

Kate looked over to Clementine with a smirk on her face then she walked over to her.
"So, are you gonna tell me about you and Gabe?" Kate asked as Clementine looked at her with surprise.

Clementine did her best to hide her blush and looled down.
"What about us?" Clementine asked plainly.
"Oh, come on Clementine. You like him, and he obviously likes you too." Kate said.
"I mean, sure I like him-- he's my bestfriend---"
"Oh yeah sure." Kate said with a smirk as she looked over to Gabe but realized that he wasn't there anymore-- he went upstairs.
"Look, whatever you're thinking, stop thinking it cause I'm pretty sure Gabe likes someone better." Clementine said as she looked into Kate's eyes.
"He deserves someone who has the same innocence as he has... And I'm not that girl... He'll never be happy with me because--"
"Because what?" Kate cutted Clem off.
"Because he won't! I just know it." Clementine argued.
"Won't know until you try, right?" Kate said.
"You can make him happy, Clem. Infact, he already looks happy whenever you're around so..." Kate added but Clementine remained silent.
"You know what, just think about it." Kate said as she walked up the stairs with Clementine following her from behind.