•Chapter 10: Run•

Clementine's POV:
When Jesus told us everything about The New Frontier taking over Richmond, we acted fast and started walking there. But thanks to Jesus, we took a shortcut on the way there.

But enough of the chitchat, I couldn't care less whether Kate and Eleanor are alive, I just wanted to get away from here now that I know that The New Frontier is right in the middle of the town we're supposed to go. But instead of running away, I'm here stuck with them but as soon as we reach the end of this tunnel, I'm getting the hell out of here. Whether they want to or not.

Me and Javi were walking behind the others as all of them talked about The New Frontier. I just sighed and tapped Javi on his elbow making him look down at me.
"Javi, there's something I need to tell you." I said as he nodded gesturing for me to tell him. I took a deep breath and started telling him about me being with The New Frontier. At first, he was shocked. But when I explained it, he learned to trust me.

"Javi, as soon as we reach the end of this tunnel, I'm heading out." I said.
"But---"
"No buts. I'm sorry, but I can't let them see me." I told him as he just shut up.
"But what about Gabe?" He asked making me stop on my tracks. I looked down as I sighed and answered:
"What about him?"

"I mean, it's pretty obvious that you guys are in to each other so--"
"Heh, no Javi you got it all wrong. Me and him, we're never gonna be a thing. Plus, I don't have time for that right now. I have other things to take care of." I said as I continued walking with him. He chuckled and shake his haid and said:
"Yeah okay."

I just rolled my eyes and looked ahead of me and there I saw Gabe who kept looking back at me. A few more stares later, he finally approached me as Javi walked away.
"Hi" Gabe greeted with a smile.
"Hi" I said as we kept looking forward.
"So... about what happened last night--"
"Gabe, please just forget about it. We have more important things to take care of— like getting the hell out of here." I said as Gabe took a hold of my wrist making me look back at him.
"You wanted to kiss me." Gabe said making me freak out. On the outside, it was like what he said didn't mean anything, but on the inside, I feel like my heart's about to jump out of my chest.

I sighed and come up with an idea. I pulled my wrist back and I stopped on my tracks to talk to him and him doing the same thing.
"No, I didn't. You did, cause as a matter of fact, you were the one leaning in." I said making him shut up so I continued walking.

Did I regret what I did?
No
Should I say sorry?
Why the hell yes? He started it.
Did I say that because I don't want him to know that I like him in a way?
...I don't know.

I just sighed and shook my head as we reached a darker part of the tunnel. The tunnel seems awfully quiet... too quiet. I snapped my head to Gabe who was lookibg around with a flashlight in his hand. I slowly placed my fingers at the barrel of my gun as soon as I felt like something wrong's about to go down.

I kept my eye on Gabe and no one else. I was about to walk to him until--

"MUERTOS!" Javi yelled making us all point our flashlight his way and there we saw a herd of walkers heading our way. All of us started fighting the walkers. Even Gabe. I don't know why but I have a feeling that all he cares about is protecting me cause it seems like he's been shooting the walkers who were getting intensely close to me.

"Come on! Let's run!" Tripp said making all of us run... well, them. Cause I'm pretty much stuck in the middle of a herd. So I tried to fight my way out. Shooting and stabbing the walkers' heads making them fall one by one. But I know I couldn't handle it as soon as my gun clicked making me realise that I'm out of bullets.

"Shit..." I mumbled as I put my gun at my holster and I charge my dagger through the walkers' heads.

One by one, they all fall down but I was still surrounded. And all of a sudden, a walker grabbed me by my shoulder as it tried to sink its teeth into my neck. I kept pushing him but still kicking the walkers who were getting close to me. And when I thought it was all over, a gunshot ringed through my ear as the walker that was holding me dropped to the ground. I covered my ear with my right hand to recover from the ringing sound. I grabbed the dagger with my left hand as I forced myself to kill the walkers.

I looked behind me with my ear still ringing and there I saw Gabriel. He was fighting and keeping the walkers away from me.

"Come on!" He said but in my point of view, his voice was a bit faded. He grabbed me by my arm as we tried to escape the walkers... and we did.

Well... almost.

Me and Gabriel ran to a train. We blocked the entrance as we heard the walkers banging on the door.

I panted and he did too. He rubbed my back as I look up at his hazel brown eyes. I swallowed my own saliva as I stood up completely.

"Now how are we gonna get out of here?" I asked. (A/N: They're not in the train that Javi went to by the way)

"Lets look around." He said as he started looking around. I was gonna do what he was doing but I heard the banging on the door get louder. My eyes widened as I realised that the door was about to break. I ran over to a closed window and called for Gabriel.

"Gabe!" I shouted as he helped me open the window.

We finally opened the window but when we opened it, the door bursted open.

"Gabe! Run!" I said. He didn't listen to me, instead he started shooting the walkers. I grabbed his arm and his gun and pushed him out the window.

"Clem I'm not leaving you!" He said with teary eyes.
"Just go! I'll meet you there I promise." I said as I shoot a walker.
"I. Am. Not. Leaving." He said as he tried to pullme to him.
"I'm gonna buy you some time. Just go! Hurry!" I said.

Gabe's POV:
Clementine pushed me out of the window and there I saw her shooting the muertos. More muertos started coming so I had no other choice but to leave her eventhough I didn't want to.

Gunshots were heard past me as I kept running without looking back at Clementine.

Tears started to drop on my cheeks as I finally made it out of the horrible tunnel.

As I went out, I saw Javi. He ran over to me and hug me as if he thought he'd never see me again.

"We have to go back." I said breaking off the hug.
"What? Why?" Javi said.
"I'm not leaving until I get to Clementine. I need to know she's safe." I said.
"She's probably dead anyways, lets go. We have to get to Richmond." Conrad said.

My face started to burn. And by burn I mean I was fuming with anger. I clutched my fist as I walked over to him and punched him. He fell down and my fist were kinda stinging but I couldn't careless.

"You selfish son of a dick. Do you even know what its like to lose someone you really like and you haven't told them that you love them? Huh? Do you fucking understand what I'd fucking feel if Clementine dies? Hell, I took a bullet for her. You'd best know that I'd give my life for her because my life isn't shit compared to hers. I want her to live. And that's why I'm protecting her. So I'm not leaving until I get her back. With me." I said with anger in my eyes.