•Chapter 8: Catching feelings•

Clementine's POV:
"Gabe? Clem? Where are you guys?" We heard Javi called.

Me and Gabe separated as I looked up at him and He had the same expression on his face.

"So ummm... I think, Javi's looking for us." I said.
"Y-Yeah." He said.
"Well... let's go back." I said and started to walk away.

Clementine! What the hell is wrong with you?

Are you... having feelings for Gabe?

No... I don't. I have to keep looking for Aj.

Stop it!

Love makes you weak. And being weak is the last thing I wanna be right now.

I shook my head as I let out a sigh. I looked ahead and saw Javi looking at me. He had a smirk plastered on his face.
"What?" I asked.
"What happened out there?" He asked.
"He just... thanked me for what happened earlier. That's it." I said as I started walking away from Javi and straight up to Tripp.

Gabe's POV:
God fucking dammit! I almost kissed her! What in the hell was I thinking? How can a badass girl like Clementine fall for a stupid, bipolar boy like me? But I really do like her. I think I'm starting to have feelings for her. And if she doesn't feel the same, its okay. I just have one thing on my mind right now— its to keep her safe, no matter what.

I sighed and followed her and saw her and Javi talking. I regarded that Javi was trying to talk to Clem about what happened. And that's what I was expecting he'd ask me.

As I walk over to him, he still held a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms as I said:
"We were just talking." I said.
"I'm not even asking you a question yet." He laughed.
"Well, I know what your about to say, so..." I shrugged.
"You like Clem, don't you?" He asked as he crossed his arms.
"Well yeah I do. I mean, she's pretty cool. I think me and her are gonna be friends, which we already are by the way." I said as I crossed my arms.
"Oh Gabriel, you know exactly what I mean." He said as he walked away.

He was right. I do know what he means. But I just don't wanna get in Clementine's way of finding somebody she really loves. Somebody who's way important than me.

I just shook my head and walked over to the group but from my point of view, I saw Conrad shouting at Clem. My eyes widened and I grabbed my gun and ran over to him.

"If it wasn't for you, Francine would've been alive!" Conrad shouted.
"Fuck you Conrad! It wasn't my fault!" Clementine protested.
"Ohhh I see, if it wasn't for you---" He got cut off by me clicking my gun.

All eyes were on me as they saw me hold up my gun to Conrad's head.
"Back the fuck off, now." I said.
"Gabe, put the gun down." Javi said.
"Oh please. I'm sure he won't shoot. He doesn't have the balls to." Conrad said.
"Don't underestimate him, asshole." Clementine said to Conrad.
"You don't know what I'm capable of doing, Conrad." I said as he turned his attention to me.
"Gabe, just stop it. You don't wanna know what it feels like to take a life..." Clementine said.
"I took a life to save yours. And I'm gonna do it again whether you want me to or not." I told her as Conrad grabbed her by her hair making me pull my trigger but not exactly hitting him.

His attention turned to me as I held a look of anger in my face.
"You let her go, or I swear I'm gonna shoot you this time." I said in a deep voice.

With that, he let her go and I put my gun back at my holster and I ran over to the car where Kate was.

That son of a bitch won't touch her. I swear.

I leaned against the car as I looked up and saw Clementine walking over to me. I sighed and shook my head.

"Hey Gabe." She said as she stopped infront of me.
"Oh, hey." I said.
"Thanks for... defending me." She said as she put her hands in her pockets.
"I'm not gonna let him or anybody touch you." I told her.
"Thanks but... I can take care of myself." She said.
"I know." I said. She just smirked and shook her head.
"You honestly didn't have to do that." She said.
"I wanted to." I said.
"Well don't do it again. I'm not used to somebody protecting me like that." She said as she crossed her arms.
"Don't expect me to not do it again." I laughed she did the same.
"By the way, where are we heading at?" I asked.
"Richmond." She replied.
"Are you sure its safe?" I asked.
"90% sure." She replied.
"Well, what about the other 10%?" I asked.
"Well, you can never be too sure." She giggled as I chuckled too.

"Come on guys. We got a long way ahead of us." Javi said as me and Clementine got in the backseat.

I sat on the left while she sat on the right. She leaned her head against the window as she closed her eyes. She started rubbing her arms as if she was cold.

"Are you cold?" I asked as the car started and drove off.
"I'm a little chilly." She said as she tilted her head to look at me. I took off my jacket and handed it over to her.
"Here." I said.
"No, you don't have to---"
"Clem, just take it." I said as she hesitated to take my jacket and wrap it around her.
"Thank you." She said and looked out the window again.
"No problem." I mumbled as I started to drift off to sleep.