Chapter 22: Choices

3rd person's POV
The two friends continued hugging each other until Clementine decided to pull away. And as soon as she did, she wiped her tears away and laughed at how weak she was.
"For the first time, I'm actually weak." Clementine said as she sniffed. Gabe placed a hand on his friend's shoulder making the brown haired girl look at him.
"You're not weak, Clem. You're the strongest person I know and I admire you for that... Its normal for us to cry, what's not normal is to keep your feelings bottled up and let it hunt your dreams. I'm happy that you let it out. And I'm happy that you trusted me with it." Gabe said putting a smile across the girl's face.

She sniffed and smiled before looking at him.
"Thank you, Gabe." Clementine said as Gabe smiled and nodded.
"Do you wanna headback? Javi's probably looking for us." Gabe said as Clementine nodded and followed him down the ever-so-peaceful hill.

_________
The two walked back to Richmond and into the building they were currently staying in, but to Clementine's surprise, she found the father of her bestfriend-- the first reason why she lost the child she cherished as her own. She saw David. Her eyes went wide as she place her hand on her gun as David's eyes showed anger.
"What the hell is that thief doing here?" David asked and Gabe got in his father's way.
"Gabe, move out of my way, I don't want to hurt you." David said.
"And I don't want you hurting my friend... So pleace, leave her be. She's the only friend I have around--"
"You cab make other friends, there are other kids your age here--"
"No, dad. I don't want other kids. I want her. She's my bestfriend and I didn't look out for her for 5 days just so that you could kill her." Gabe snapped. Javi and Tripp got to Gabe's side as Kate snatched Kate from behind the 3 males that were being her shield from the monster that stood infront of her.

"You too Kate?" David asked.
"David, she's just a little girl." Kate said.
"Oh trust me, she is more than just a little girl. She isn't what you think she is." David said.
"And you aren't what you think you are." Clementine snapped as David's eyes grew wide and he pointed a gun to Clementine's direction. Kate hugged Clementine making sure that she's be safe.
"For fuck's sake David! Move on! It was ONE drug." Clementine yelled.
"Once a thief, always a thief. So why should I trust you?" David said.
"Ask your son." Clementine said as David drew his attention to his son.

He tried to walk over to him but Javi backed him off.
"You stay out of this Javi! This is none of your bussiness." David yelled send shivers down Gabe's spine as he saw his father fuming with anger.

"David enough!" Javi said trying to stop his brother from harming his nephew.
"Goddamn it Javi!" David yelled but then got off of Javi's grip.
"You gotta choose, Javi. Either she goes alone, or you all go along with her." David said.
"Except for Gabe and Kate." He added.
"No way, if they go. We go." Gabe cut in.
"You can't do this Javi!" Kate said.
"Oh yeS I can." David said.
"Dad please! Just calm the fuck down!" Gabe shouted at the top of his lungs.

David stood there with his eyes wide open, looking at his son who just disrepected him. Gabe was never like this to his dad. He's always been loyal but why is he acting like this?

And out of nowhere, Ava barged in the room with the same expresion in her face.
"David, a herd's coming. We need you, now." Ava warned alarming David.
"I'll be right over." David said as his soldier exited the room.

David walked past Javi, Tripp amd Gabe but before he could go, he looked at his son then at his brother.
"This is far from over." He said and finally walked out of the room.

Gabe sighed in relief and walked over to Clementine.
"You alright?" Gabe asked.
"Yes. I'm fine." Clementine said.
"You know, I'm fine with going out of this place. But before I do, I need to get Aj." Clementine announced to everyone making them look at her in shock.
"Clementine, you heard Ava. There's a herd out there. You and Aj are not safe." Javi said.
"I'm not safe here either. David has his knife pointed at my throat and I can't stay knowing that he'll kill me at anytime."

"He won't... We'll protect you." Javi said.
"Oh yeah? For how long?" Clementine asked.
"Look, Javi, He's your brother. Gabe your his son. Kate, he's your husband. And who am I to you? Family comes first and if you have to choose between me and David, then I already lost." Clementine said and everyone went silent... Even Gabe.