•Chapter 12: Serious•

Gabe's POV:
-The next morning-
Me and Javi got ready for our search for Clementine and as soon as we were done, the two of us sneaked out of Richmond without anyone noticing.

Me and Javi jumped down the high wall as we blted through the woods. Everything was silent during our walk... like, all you could hear are leaves that are crunching below my feet and the tweets of the birds.

"Where should we look first?" Javi asked.
"Everywhere." I said plainly as we kept on walking.

Not so long later, we found an abandoned cabin. And outside were two dead muertos that were laying on the ground. Me and Javi looked at each other as we walked to the front door. I twisted the doorknob and it seemed like something was in the way. I sighed and kept on pushing it and when I knew that I couldn't do it, I pulled away and kicked the door down.

Javi's eyes widened when he saw what I just did.
"Guess you're not so weak afterall." He said as I ignored him and walked inside.

"Search for anything." I said. "Especially for Clem."

He walked the opposite direction as I walked to an aisle and there I saw what seemed like a bed made of covers and a pillow. I examined the bed as I got up and looked around.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps running towards me and I looked behind me and there I saw Javi.
"Find anything?" I asked.
"No. This place is fucking useless... there aren't anything in here exept dead bodies and such." He said.
"I think someone else was here." I said as I looked back at the bed.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"I mean, what if Clem was here?" I asked.
"Then she isn't too far away from here." He said.
"Lets go." I said as I rushed to the front door and exited the house.

"CLEM?!" I shouted.
"CLEMENTINE!!?" I repeated.

"Gabe! Keep your voice down! You might attract some muertos." He said as I ignored him and ran away.

"Gabriel!" He shouted as he ran after me.

I kept running as Javi was chasing me. I didn't really know where to go. I just wanted to get away from him... get away from everything.

I could here Clementine's voice once again in my head.

Gabe, I promise I'll find you!

Just go!

Gabe!

Here voice said over and over in my head and I couldn't stop it.

I stopped running as I fell on my knees and tears covered my eyes as I looked down and clutched my fist.

Is she really dead? I asked myself. I honestly don't know if she's alive or dead. I wanna keep positive but... bad things keep interrupting the good things in my head. Conrad was right... she's probably dead anyway.... but I'll have to find out for myself... no matter what it takes.

"Gabe." I heard somebody say as I looked behind me and saw Javi. I acted cool and wiped my tears away as if I didn't even cry.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he pat my back. I just shook my head and stood up as I sniffed and continued walking.

"Gabe..."

"I'M FINE! JUST... LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!" I said as I stormed off.

5 hours later

Me and Javi have been walking around in circles and Clementine was still nowhere to be found.

"Gabe, we should go back. You're father's probably looking for us right now." He said.
"No... you go, I'll keep looking for her." I said as I turned my back on him but he grabbed my arm.
"WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST TELL YOU JAVI?! I SAID GO BACK! I'LL LOOK FOR CLEM WHETHER YOU'RE COMING WITH ME OR NOT..." I said as he looked at me in my eyes.
"Look... I know that it seems like its impossible for us to find Clementine right now and I know that what Conrad said might be true but... I have to find out for myself." I said as he tried to talk but I cut him again.
"I know what you're gonna say Javi... and hell, I'm willing to look for her even if it takes days or weeks... or months... maybe even years I don't give a fuck. Alive or dead, I'm looking for her and I'll take her back to Richmond." I said as I finally walked off.

"You're really sure about this?" He asked as I stopped on my tracks.

"I've never been so sure in my entire life." I said as I kept walking.