•Chapter 7: Almost•

Clementine's POV:
"We're here" Javi said as he pulled the car into a stop. I shook my hand signalling for Gabe to let go of it as he finally got the idea and let go of it. All of us got out of the car except for Kate who was practically bleeding on the inside.

As Me, Javi and Gabe got out, I looked around trying to recognise the place but I couldn't. This place seemed pretty new to me and for the first time, I was scared. I was scared that I might run in right into The New Frontier. I remembered what they did—To me and to AJ. That was something I couldn't and won't ever forget.

"Hey Clem." I heard somebody call from behind me. I looked back and saw Eleanor signalling me to come over to her. I didn't hesitate to walk up straight to her when I had the idea that she needed my help to patch Gabe up.

"Do you have them?" I asked.
"Yes I do. Now, all I need for you to do is to keep him calm. I'm gonna try and pull out the bullets." Eleanor said.
"It shouldn't be that hard. I saw the wound. It was a clean shot. You could get the bullets out in no time." I said confidently.
"Well, let's start then." Eleanor said.
"Gabe, I'm gonna need you to lie down so we can get it out easier." Eleanor said while I ripped out a cloth from a flannel that was wrapped around my waist.
"Here." I said as I gave Gabe the cloth.
"Bite on it if it gets too painful." I said as I stared straight into his eyes.
"Okay." He said as he took off his jacket leaving him with only his white shirt that was currently soaked in blood.

Eleanor got some tweezers as Gabe took of his shirt so that Eleanor could get the bullets out easier and also so that his wound won't get infected.

"Like what you see?" Gabe said. I huffed and rolled my eyes.
"Gross." I said as Eleanor started to get the bullets out.

He started screaming loudly and he was trying to fight with everything he could. I tried to hold him down but I couldn't. So Javier and Conrad ran over and helped me hold him down.

I grabbed the cloth that I gave him earlier and put it in his mouth and he started biting on it.
"Calm down!" I shouted but he kept screaming and fighting.
"And~~ there!" Eleanor said as she got one bullet out.

Eleanor sighed and looked at me. "One down, one to go." She said as I sighed and nodded.
"Well... get it out" I said as she started to get another one out. Gabe was kicking and screaming while Javi was holding his arms down and Conrad was holding his legs.

"Clem! Calm him down!" Javi said as I walked by his side and he looked up to me with sweat dripping on his forehead and tears slipping down his cheeks. I didn't know what to do. I just opened up my arms and wrapped them around him making him calm down a bit.

"And~ I'm done." Eleanor informed.
"Finally." I said as I got off him and help him sit up. He was taking breaths and I grabbed his shirt. I grabbed his chin making him look at me and I started wiping the sweat and tears that were covering his face.

He smiled at me and I returned the favour by giving him a little smile.
"Thanks Clem." He said.
"Yeah okay." I said and gave him his shirt and I started walking deep into the forest.

---
I leaned against the tree as I stared into a blank space thinking about Aj. About him being probably with The New Frontier— wishing that he was okay and that he was safe.

My thoughts were interrupted by footsteps walking towards me. I looked behind the tree and saw a figure coming towards me. It wasn't a walker because it wasn't walking like a walker. So, I had the idea that it was Gabe. I sighed and shook my head as I continued to think about things.

"Hey." He said softly as he stopped by my side.
"Hey." I replied.
"Thanks for~ helping me back there. It was really something." He said with the same tone in his voice.
"That was payback... for saving me." I said as I looked up on him.
"Well..." He paused as he walks closer to me.
"You didn't really have to do that." He said with his face just a few inches apart from me. The distance gave me a perfect view of him. His brown eyes, his brunette hair that were slightly out of his beanie, his lips— I was staring at his eyes and back at his lips.

He was leaning closer and closer to my face. Inch by inch until---

"Clem?! Gabe?! Where are you guys? We gotta go!" Javier called out.