20. Good Luck Bad Luck

Start from the beginning

He grabs my arm to stop me before I head towards the side door.

"At least take a shower in the guest room." His eyes are full of concern. I must be shivering more than I realize. 

"N-No it's fine. I don't want to intrude."

"Nope." He lifts me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"Will!"

"The two times you're not allowed to be selfless; your birthday, and when you're about the catch hypothermia." I grip onto the back of his wet shirt as we climb the stairs. I yell his name the whole way, but he just laughs.

"Calm down. I'm not going to let you fall." My mind automatically goes back to when he said the same thing as we climbed to the top of the roller coaster. That seems like days ago even though it was only an hour or two. He sets me down in front of the guest room and heads off in the direction of his room.

"You go ahead and get in before you freeze to death. I'll bring you some clothes," He calls as he walks down the hall. I quickly go into the bathroom, undress, and get in the shower so I'm not standing naked in the bathroom by the time he comes back. Luckily, his shower curtain is solid white and not clear.

"Jess?" He knocks on the door.

"You can come in," I say over the sound of the pulsing water. It feels like heaven on my skin. I don't know how much longer I would have been able to go in those wet clothes.

"Leah is sleeping, so I couldn't get any of her clothes. I just brought you some of mine, if that's okay," he says from the other side of the curtain.

"Yeah that's fine, thanks." It shouldn't be a big deal to wear his clothes, but I feel an unusual amount of heat rush to my cheeks. It's a good thing he can't see me.

"Okay, I'm going to go take a shower in my room," he says and then I hear the door open and close. I let the hot water run down my body for at least a half an hour before I hear the door open and close again.

"You enjoying yourself, Rosie?" I forgot that I was a guest in someone's house.

"I'm sorry! I'll get out soon," I say rinsing the soap off of my arms.

"Take your time. I was just making sure you were alright," he says. There's a pause, but I don't hear the door open and close.

"Thanks, I'm just fine." The door still doesn't open. "Will?"

"Yeah?"

"Just checking to see if you were still here."

"I am," he says and I can just picture him smirking. I turn off the water and peak around the side of the curtain. Sure enough, he's sitting cross-legged on top of the toilet. He's wearing a big oversized sweatshirt and sweatpants. His hair looks even wilder after just being washed and dried and I can't help but want to run my fingers through it. I snap out of my fantasy and remember where we are.

"Will, you can leave now," I say.

"You know that curtain is see-though," he says widening his smile and I almost have a heart attack.

"Shit! Will!" I drop to the floor so the side of the bathtub is covering my body. That asshole! He can't stop laughing and I'm absolutely mortified.

"I'm joking! I'm joking! God, you should have seen your face! That was fucking priceless," he says almost rolling off of the toilet.

"Just hand me my towel," I say standing back up. He throws it over to me as I mutter "dick" under my breath. I wrap the towel around myself and step out of the shower but Will is still standing there.

"I need to change Will."

"I know," he says bringing back his smirk. He's being awfully playful tonight. "I won't look." He places his hand over his eyes.

"You're such a liar. Can't you just leave for two seconds?"

"Only two seconds?"

"Will!"

"I said I wouldn't look!"

"Fine, then I'll leave." I pick up the pile of clothes he left for me and head towards the door. I only get out of the bathroom and half way across the guest room before I feel two arms wrap around me.

"Oh no you won't." I try to wiggle out of his grasp, but it's hard when one of my hands is holding the clothes and the other hand is holding up my towel.

"William!" Laughing isn't making it any easier either. I make it all the way to the other side of the room, dragging him behind me, and fling open the door. I wish I never would have. There's a man standing in the hallway only a few feet from us. He's wearing a suit and a very displeasing expression. Will notices him the moment that I do.

"What the fuck Ethan?" So much for considering myself lucky.

I think the universe likes to hit me with reality every time something great happens. This is one hard slap across my face.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thank you so much for reading! Please vote and comment. xxx