*22*

*unedited*
When I returned to Holloway the next day it was a peculiar feeling.
I had gotten so used to riding at Bright Fields over the short period of time that I'd been here that to ride for the 'enemy' felt strange. I couldn't deny that the people here weren't all nice though. Just as I was thinking this Alex and Fin walked up to me.
"Hey Phoebe, you ready to practice again today? We were thinking of going for a ride across the fields out back before facing the hurdles again."
"Sounds great." I nodded and offered Alex a small smile before following Gaby and Fin towards the stables where Pin and Callum were already waiting.
"Sorry I'm late." I apologised but they just shrugged and asked me to prep Joey.

*.          *.           *. 

After the ride I walked back to the stables with everyone, laughing at the jokes that Pin and Fin were exchanging. Before I could lead Joey back to his own stable Callum stopped me.
"Oh don't worry. The groom will take care of Joey. And Elvis." He motioned towards Pin's horse.
I was about to say something but closed my mouth.
Pin obviously was about to say something too and Gaby noticed, asking him what was wrong.
"Last week I was the groom." Pin explained.
"People round here don't care where you came from. They just want to see what you can do."
"Bright Fields didn't care either." I mumbled but Gaby just flared at me. I looked down at the floor, not before noticing that Pin also had an unusual look of disgust.
"I can do anything now I'm out of Mia's debt." Pin sighed happily.
"About that." Callum spoke up, "Mia called this morning. Said you still haven't paid her back and we should ask you where the money went."
My jaw dropped slightly and Pin looked worriedly at me.
"I gave it to her I swear."
"It's true." I defended, unconsciously stepping closer to Pin. Gaby watched wit narrowed eyes.
"Easy, I'm not accusing you. She just wants us to kick you out. We're not going to. Come on," he motioned for Alex and Fin to follow him.
"Let's go load up for Maid of the Island."
As they walked away Gaby turned to the both of us,
"We've got your back now." Gaby reassured. "And Mia? She might want to watch hers."
"Revenge isn't exactly my style." Pin admitted.
"It's lucky you know me then." Gaby grinned. Pin gave her a matching conspiratorial grin and I frowned.
Pin never liked being purposefully malicious, sure Mia was hard to get on with and sometimes I did want to punch her but Bright Fields was my home, no matter how welcoming Holloway was. I bit my lip, Holloway was starting to change Pin. And I was getting worried.
I looked up upon realising that Gaby was still standing in front of me, scanning me carefully. She smirked slightly as I walked away.

*. *. *.

"You can't be serious." I huffed as I looked at the armour decorating my chest and arms.
"Deadly." Gaby grinned at me as she plaited a few braids into my hair before tying them at the back of my head.
We walked out, both of us adorned in the silver armour to see Callum, Fin and Alex in medieval outfits and Pin wearing all black with a medieval style brown jacket over the top.
"Now remember, if we see Bright Fields, no friendly interactions."
My brow furrowed as Gaby addressed us all.
"W-why not?" I asked as it seemed no one was going to question it. Not even Pin.
"Phoebe." Gaby said exasperatedly, clutching my shoulders. "Bright Fields are the enemy. We must treat one another that way. They already think of you as such."
"What? No, they're my friends." I reminded her.
"Oh really, have any of them actually talked to you recently."
I opened my mouth to protest before checking my phone. I had no notifications and Zoe hadn't messaged me in days. Neither had Becky or Jade. Just before I was about to exit messages I noticed the small text saying I had deleted a text but I couldn't remember sending it. I shrugged, it must have been accidental. However, before I could dwell on it any longer, Gaby was pushing us towards the minibus.

*. *. *.

As we headed up to the castle together, I felt Gaby walk beside me and link her arm with mine. I looked at her surprisedly.
"Nervous?" She asked but before I could respond she smiled and whispered a small joke in my ear. I snorted ungracefully and it set us both off into fits of giggles.
Looking up, I noticed that the Bright Field team were watching us. My lips began to curve up into a smile but Gaby's words forced their way into my head. They hadn't messaged me this whole time, not even to ask how I was.
Holding our heads high, we marched past them.