Will's Story ~1

Will Moore

9/12/20 7:02 am

9/12/20 7:02 am

"I am not old." Cira laughs, her breath hot and heavy against my neck.

I move over so my bodies above Cira, her blanket rolling down my back shielding us from view.

"Yes you are."

With the morning light streaming through the translucent fabric of her blanket- Cira almost looks angelic. I've known her for so long- and still the sight of her dark brown eyes makes every hair on my body stand up.

"I'm twenty- thats-" Cira yelps out as we roll off the side of her bed, landing on the hard floor in a crumpled heap of pillows and laughter.

"We're a mess." Cira says as she rests her cheek on my chest. "We're a mess Will."

I laugh under my breath before kissing Cira's temple. "Happy birthday."

She intertwines my fingers in hers as we lay on her dorm rooms wooden floor. I wish I could stay here forever. Just like this.

"You know I'm older than you." Cira murmurs. "That means I wear the pants in our relationship."

"You'd still wear the pants in this relationship if you were a million years younger." My voice wavers as I whisper into her soft hair, my eyes threatening to flicker close.

"You can't fall asleep babe." Cira sighs sitting up.

I groan as I watch her reach for her shirt and begin to pull it over her head.

"You don't have class today-"

"My internship Will, you now how important it is to me."

"But it's your birthday." I relent, fully knowing how abruptly this conversation will end.

"My birthday can wait." She looks back at me and her expression shifts as she frowns. Cira leans in, her lips touching mine for just a split second before she pulls away. "I'm sorry- thanks for driving all the way up here. It means the world."

I watch Cira close the bathroom door behind her and I lean back onto the ground the wooden floor creaking from under me. I don't know what I was expecting. Cira's an over achiever- in all aspects of her life. I knew driving up from South Carolina would be a stupid Idea- but I wanted to be here. I loved her, god I loved her.

I hear the sound of the shower being turned on, and the splatter of water hitting linoleum tiles. I might as well leave. I'm only in the way.

...

9/14/20 11:12 am

"Damn" Caden, my roommate, whistles as he leans over my shoulder.