•12•

Cira Castello 

I apply another layer of mascara on my eyelashes when my phone beeps from a notification

Will

Hey, can we talk?

Cira

About???

Will

About last night 

Cira

I get it, honestly. Don't stress. Let's just focus on today ok?

Will

We're 100% making the semifinals

Cira

I hope so

I set my phone down right when my bedroom door slowly swings open. My mama peers inside, "Can I come in bella?"

I smile softly, "Yes mama, but what did I say about knocking?"

"I know, I know, But I'm just so excited for today." My mama says reaching over and planting a kiss on my forehead. "You know how proud I am off you."

Tears glisten in her soft grey eyes, making me choke up. "Oh, mama," I say pulling her into a hug. I breathe in her scent, one of comfort and love.

"Whatever happens today know that I'll always be proud of you. No matter what."

She takes a comb from my vanity and strokes it down my hair. It's something she hasn't done in a really long time. Her touch is warm and gentle, and a smile plays along her lips. I notice her crows feet for the first time and decide they make her look more beautiful. 

My mama was a stunner back in the day. She had long hair like mine, except it was of the deepest black. With her black hair, pale skin, and red lips she looked like a porcelain doll. She's from Northern Italy, Florence. 

My papa is quite the opposite. He was born in southern Italy, in Napoli. He has dense tanned skin, like the people from his village, and he always says how he can't believe he managed to land the two most beautiful girls in the world. He's cheesy like that.

"Good luck my figlia. Ti amo."

...