32. The New Neverland

Start from the beginning

"And we owe a lot of it to her." Snow spoke up about Regina, causing everyone to glance over at them, "Regina helped save us all." Regina looked surprised at Snow's open praise.

Astrid stepped out of her parents' and sister's arms and walked back over to Peter who immediately held her hand in his. She smiled when she felt little arms attach themselves to her waist as she picked up the seven year old Lost Boy, Johnny, and now held him on her hip with his arms wrapped around her neck.

She and Peter moved over to Emma as Astrid started towards her, "We've got to find the Lost Boys a home. I won't let them be alone again."

Peter stood next to his girlfriend, smiling at what he heard her say, as Emma nodded, saying, "Right. I know a lot of the people who have wanted kids."

Astrid nodded and replied, "Good." She placed Johnny back on the ground as he ran over to some of the other Lost Boys while couples walked over to them. "They'll be alright."

"How do you know?" Peter asked, taking her hand and holding it in his again, making her look over at him.

"I have faith." Astrid shrugged as Peter smiled and kissed her briefly.

***

Everyone was celebrating at Granny's, Henry sat in a booth across from Peter who would glance over at Astrid as she sat at the counter beside her father figure, Hook.

Astrid sighed at the emotional mess Hook was dealing with as he occasionally glanced over at Emma who had just joined Henry and Peter at their booth. She knew what he was feeling because she feels everyone's emotions and pain, including Hook's.

"Hey, if it helps, I think you and my sister would be adorable together-" Astrid began and pointed out in amusement and then in a light serious tone, "It would kind of be weird, given that you're like my dad... but I-- I am okay with you dating her because you're a good man."

"Thanks, AJ," Hook replied and wrapped an arm around her shoulder while kissing the top of her head before drinking some of his beverage, "But for now, you are plenty enough for me, kiddo."

Astrid laughed some, saying, "Yeah, okay." Hook smiled over at her as the two now just sat there in comfortable silence, both taking sips out of their drinks simultaneously.

"I don't think they serve rum at Granny's," Neal spoke up as he sat on the stool on Hook's other side.

"Don't worry. I'm not here to pursue the Lady Swan." Hook commented as Neal remarked lightly, "Yeah, you're just here to throw back a few with the dwarfs."

Hook sighed some before replying, "I made a decision when it comes to Emma. I'm gonna back off."

"Back off?" Neal repeated in slight amusement.

"For the sake of the boy. Let his parents have a fair shot without a devilishly handsome pirate standing in the way," Hook simply answered.

"You serious?" Neal clarified as Hook nodded and replied, "Yeah. I am devilishly handsome."

"Thanks, man." Neal said as Astrid smirked before speaking up towards him, "Yeah, don't thank him just yet."

Neal furrowed his eyebrows in curiosity towards the girl before glancing over at the pirate beside him who elaborated on what she meant, saying, "You see, I'm in this for the long haul. You've already walked out on Emma once. I'm not so sure she'll let you back in. Are you?"