Chapter 8

*Kayla's P.O.V.*

~3 months later~

Me and Norman have been great! We had a little fight about this guy that was hitting on me during Norman's class and I was laughing and we didn't talk for like a day or two but other then that we have been great! We have a week off of school next week and I'm going to be spending it with Norman!

I walked into last period and when I walked passed Norman he gave me a little wink which I blushed a little but went to my seat. I was getting my things ready when the door opened and this really pretty women walked in.

"What are you doing here?" Norman was trying his best to sound nice but I could hear the tension in his voice.

"Can we talk please? I miss you and I want you back." She grabbed Norman's hand. I was ready to beat the living hell out of this women. Norman jerked his hand out of her grip fast.

"Nope we can't and I'm not going back with you! I already have someone else!" He glared at her. His eyes trailed up to me for a split second and I smiled at him but when the lady looked my way I stopped smiling and looked at my books acting like I was writing.

"So your going out with a-" Norman shushed her.

"No I'm not! Look can we talk about this later?" She shook her head yes and walked away.

Norman looked at me with sad and hurting eyes. I smiled to try and make him but it didn't work. He normally smiles back! This had to be really serious if he doesn't smile at me.

After class everyone left but me of course. I had to talk to him about what happened earlier. I walked up to his desk. He had his head down. I tapped my fingers on the desk to get his attention. "Hello." He looked up and sighed the let his head fall right back down on his desk. "Okay. I'll just go then." I said awkwardly and started to walk away.

I heard him sigh "please don't leave." He still had his head on his desk.

"Then what's wrong? Why so down? You won't even smile at me, you always smile when I do."

"That's my ex. The thing is I still kind of like her." He still likes her? What does this mean for us? It was supposed to be just us over break together!

"Sooo... What I'm getting at is you want her back?" My fingers curled up into fists.

"Look I really really like you but she was my first everything. I had to leave her behind to get this job." He finally looked up at me with pity in his eyes.

"Whatever were done." I sighed. "Thanks for making me your rebound girl." I walked out of his class. I wanted to cry so bad but I can't while there are people around me. I was looking at my phone to see if I could text someone but Norman was the one that I would always talk to.

I bumped into someone. "I'm so-" I stopped myself when I saw it was Norman's ex.

"Didn't I see you in Norman's class earlier?" She asked.

"Who?" I tried to play it off like I didn't know his first name.

"Oh sorry. Mr. Reedus."

"Oh yeah you're that lady he was talking to? What's your name?" I was trying my hardest not to cry.

"Jennifer. What's yours?"

"Look I'm so sorry but I have to run. Bye!" I ran to my car and jumped in. I drove to my house. Once inside I dropped my bag and slammed the door. I ran to my room and just laid on my bed and cried.

I ate ice cream for dinner. I heard a knock on my door. I whipped my tears and ran down the steps. I opened the door to see... Norman Reedus. Well this should be interesting.

"What do you want?" I asked as I moved over to signal that he can come in. When he came in I went back to my room and grabbed my ice cream and ran back down stairs to sit on the couch. I turned on the tv and was watching criminal minds.

"What are you plotting to kill me?" He chuckled.

"Only if I can get away with it." I said under my breath.

"What?"

"Oh nothing." I gave him the most fake smile ever. "Again what are you doing here? Don't you have Jennifer to catch up with?"

"How do you know her name?" He sounded at little scared.

"We bumped into each other in the hall and she told me her name but then I left. Soo... What are you doing here?" I asked once again because he seems to skip that question.

"Oh and I want you to know that you were never my rebound girl."

"Then what was I? I wasn't the girl that you wanted she is. You know I'm right." I stood up and grabbed his hands. "Go for the girl that makes you the happiest when your around her. The one that you know you want not the one your going to pick because you think you love them. Pick the one you know you love." We stood there for a second then I patted his chest and walked back to the couch when Norman grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him.

"When I say you were never the rebound girl I meant it. Your so wrong! I stopped loving her after the day she kissed my best friend. Which was the day before I left. You're the one I love. I've never loved anyone more. I love you! I just want to scream it at the top of my lungs. I love you! Your my one and only." He kissed my forehead and embraced me into a hug.

I pulled away from the hug and sat back down on the couch. Norman sat next to me and looked a little confused. "Will you... Will you take me back?" He finally asked.

"I... I don't know. You said yourself you still had feeling for her. I don't want you to come back to me then when you guys talk and then you realize you still love her." I turned turd him.

"We did talk. She... Uh... She told me she was..."

"Spit it out. What is sh- wait don't tell me she pregnant." I stood up in front of him with my arms crossed over my chest. He looked down at his lap and I knew it was true.

"Yeah she is. 4 months to be exact." He expanded his answer.

"Please just leave." I pointed to the door.

"But ka-"

"I need time to think. Leave! Please." I yelled at him.

"Fine." He mumbled and walked out the door.

~Norman's POV~

"Fine." I looked down at my shoes and walked out the front door. I just kind of stood there for a second.

I don't think the kids mine because we broke up 2 months before I left and we never had sex after that. I just need her to listen to me! I grabbed the doorknob and twisted it. It is still unlocked! I ran inside and grabbed Kayla off the couch and throw her over my shoulder.

"Put me the hell down! I'm not playing Norman! I told you to leave!" She screamed at me while she punched my back and kicked my stomach.

"I'm not leaving until you fucking listen to me!" I yelled right back at her.

"Okay. Just put me down please." She stopped kicking and punching me. I set her down on the couch and sat next to her. "Well?"

"I was just thinking and I pretty sure the kids not mine because we broke up 2 months before I met you. I know your thinking 'he's just saying this so he doesn't lose me' but I'm not. I'm saying this because it's the truth. She's just one of those Ex's. Please I need you." I put my face in my hands.

***********************************************************

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while I've been busy with my family. Well hope you guys like. Vote and comment. 😁