Twenty Two

"So you're tryna tell me that Ashton Rivers confessed his love to you?!" Ella basically bursts and I rush my hand over her mouth to try and silence her.

"Yes, so could you keep it down a bit? I don't exactly want the world to know." I mutter and tuck my hair behind my ear. Ella raises an eyebrow at me.

"Oh." She draws out and her eyes shoot daggers at me.

"Oh, what?" I ask while unlocking my locker.

"His ex." She simply says. I freeze from messing around with the lockers lock.

She hit it spot on.

"Yes. If she finds out that I kissed Ashton," I freeze for a second, "that Ashton kissed me."

"You're dead meat girlfriend." She says with a slight head nod. Yeah Ella, I know. Thanks.

"Gee, I sure feel safe around you." I say sarcastically before putting some of the books into my locker, relieving weight from my backpack. Ella gives me a smile before I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Connor!" I say and hug him. It's been a while since i've seen him, or any of the boys for that matter. Well now that I think of it, I haven't seen or heard from Tanner in a while too. Weird...

"Sooo..." He says while twirling my hair around his finger. I quickly swat his hand away and his smile grows deeper.

"So?" I ask. Why is everyone being so difficult to talk to today? Just spit it out!

"You and Ashton huh?" He smirks. I roll my eyes.

"How'd you know?" I ask. my eyes slowly land on Ella, who is suspiciously smiling. I narrow my eyes at her and her cheeks redden.

"I couldn't hold it in Taylor! It was so cute!" She bounces on her toes.

"Golly." I say and slam my locker shut. What's it take to get some peace and quiet around here? I wave to Ella and Connor before heading to first period.

I walk into the door and it hits me.

Ashton is sitting next to my desk, face glowing and puppy eyes staring at me. His perfect white teeth are formed into a gorgeous smile and his dimples are so clear, even when i'm standing several feet away. God taylor, snap out of it. Yeah, Ashton kissed me... And said he loved me. And I kissed him back... And said I loved him back. But I know i was the only one who meant it. I just know it. So because of me knowing that, I refuse to let myself fall head over heels for this guy. I'm not in the heart breaking business, especially if it's my heart getting broke.

"Hey." I mutter to him with a slight smile as I slide into my familiar desk. His eyes follow me before responding.

"Hey gorgeous." His comment throws me off and my cheeks heat up. I glance over at him and I see his smile deepen and his brown eyes sparkle. That damn devilish smile of his, I tell you.

"Can we talk after class?" I ask. His face waves over with subtle worry.

"Of course."

•••

The class bell rings and I sigh in relief. School really is wearing me down. I pack my stuff up and grab Ashton's wrist, guiding him into a more secluded area in the school. I know we are gonna be late to next period, but I don't care. I don't think he does either.

"Ashton." I say as I twirl my hair anxiously around my finger.

"Yesterday," I say and inhale. My nerves are going crazy right now, and it's all because of this boy in front of me. "What was all that about?" I furrow my brows. Ashton leans against the wall, as if he knew I was bound to ask him that question.

"Taylor, I'm sorry. I probably came across as insincere, or maybe it was rushed. But at that moment, as I looked into your eyes and felt my heart racing too quick to even be real. I felt that at that moment, it confirmed that I really do love you Taylor. It just confirmed it, and I had to know if you felt the same way." He shakes his head and runs a hand through his gorgeous hair. I stand there, speechless, like an idiot. My mind is blank. I mean, what does someone say in situations like these?!

"You dirty slut!" A furious voice sounds off from beside us. I turn to a red faced Jordan. Ashton's ex.

"What?" I say wide eyed as she approaches me in small stomps. Her perfectly curled red hair bounces as she makes her way over. Ashton sets one of his muscular arms in front of me to protect me from the beast of a woman called Jordan.

"Ashton, why? Why date her? Look at me! I'm beautiful and rich. What is she? Ugly and a fucking loser!" She says as she beats against Ashton's arm. He steps in front of me and grabs Jordan by her shoulders.

"Because Taylor is something real and natural. Now leave her alone. Now." He says sternly as he drags Jordan away.

What the hell was that about?

So i haven't updated in like a month

So i haven't updated in like a month... IM SORRY! School starts back up next week and stuff, so that's karma towards me i guess.

I love you guys.

X's and O's
isabellawritess