Twenty One

I watch Ashton intently as he grabs clothes, preparing for a shower. I had told him that he should shower and then I'd stay and hang for the rest of tonight. I just want him to know and see that i'm fine. And I want to know and see that he's fine.

"Which one?" He says and turns around, holding out a black nirvana t-shirt and a grey t-shirt with some random basketball team logo on it (I know nothing about sports.)

"Nirvana one for sure." I say. Of course I was going to pick nirvana. I subside the thoughts of how it was odd that he was asking for my opinion on something as simple as a shirt for bed, but whatever. He nods and heads off to his bathroom and now it's only me in his big bedroom. There's a few band posters hung surprisingly neat on his wall. to the left is a desk with a mac laptop set lazily on the side and a cup full of pencils. I feel my lips tug into a small grin. Something about how neat he is, is cute. A guitar laying against the wall of his bedroom catches my eye.

He plays?

Shuffling from outside the door catches me off guard and I shoot my head up. A shirtless ashton humbly walks in and shuts the door behind him. My stomach wrings into a thousand tight knots and I pry my eyes off his sculpted body as he throws his Nirvana shirt on.

"So you play the guitar?" I ask as he faces me and then the guitar. His hand meets the back of his neck before he replies.

"Yeah, I'm not any good though."

Liar.

"You gotta be a better liar then that Ashton Rivers." I smile. He reluctantly picks up the guitar and sits next to me.

"What would the gorgeous angel like for me to play?" He asks and his fingers rub gently against the strings. My cheeks heat up intensily but I contain composure.

"Hmm." I try racing through all the songs on my playlist and pick one of my favorites.

"Summertime Sadness." I say and Ashton forms another one of his pleasant smiles. His hair falls into his face as he looks down to guitar.

And just like that, his fingers are strumming so elegantly and I can't hide this foolish smile plastered on my face right now.

•••

"That was beautiful." I say after he finishes the song.

"You are really good."

"Ehh, thank you." He takes my compliment with a chuckle and sets his guitar to the side and returns to facing me. The dimly lit lights cast a burnt yellow glow onto his chiseled face and it sends butterflies into my stomach.

"Taylor..." He says and leans in closer, close enough that I can see the different shades of brown in his eyes.

"Yes?" I say and harshly swallow spit. My heart is beating unhealthily fast, but I like how close he is. I wish he'd get closer.

"Do you know how long I've been trying to hide my emotions for you?" He says and takes a sharp inhale.

"Wh-what?" I stutter like an idiot.

"I..." He pauses, "I love you."

WHAT. WHAT? WHAT?!?

"I think you're beautiful, inside and out. And I love you." He says and just like that, his lips are against mine. His minty breath dissolves into mine as he kisses me slowly with passion. His warm tongue slides into my mouth as his strong hands wrap around my waist and pull me closer. He stops kissing me and watches my face for any reaction.

"I love you too..." I whisper and he locks his lips against my again. I can feel his smile against my lips and it sends an unfamiliar rush of happiness through my veins.

I never thought this day would happen.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.... YES!

ok but on a different topic, you guys all heard about Xxxtentacions passing? yeah? Well IM SO SAD AND I CRIED FOR LIKE THREE HOURS
ugh...

anyways...

X's and O's Isabellawritess

X's and O's
Isabellawritess