Two

Should I start giving shout outs to noted supporters? Let me know. :)

Listen to: Halsey- 100 letters  while reading this chapter

——————————————————————

"Why the hell do you have so many clothes?" Tanner exhales while he hangs up the last shirt. After about four hours of unpacking and hard work and sweat, we're finally finished with it all.

"Oh yeah and what does your closet look like," I snap at him while smiling. This catches Tanner off guard and I finally know that I've won.

"It's so hot," he groans in attempt to change the subject. And after he brings it up, it is really hot indeed. I stand up from my previous spot on the ground and open up my window to let a breeze circulate throughout my room. I turn around with an accomplished look plastered on my face. Tanner is sitting with his hands supporting him up behind him on my bed. His eyes search mine, almost as if they had admiration sparking up inside of them.

"Much better," he says while wiping his forehead with the back of his hand. By now, the sun was setting and let off a purple and orange glow onto the town and in through my window. It glistened against his sweat covered skin and I touched my lip to make sure I'm not  drooling. Thank god I'm not.

"I should get home, it's a family dinner sort of night." Tanner rolls his eyes and I giggle.

"Family time is important," I stand on my tip toes and ruffle his hair. He grabs my wrist and pulls it away before replying.

"Yeah but I see them everyday."

"So?" I ask.

"So, they get annoying sometimes." He takes a step closer to me, and I notice how much he truly does tower over me. I crane my neck to look up at him. "Plus I wanted to spend some more time with you." The words trickled down his lips and right onto my skin. Goosebumps rifled up and down my arms and I look down because I don't want him to see just how badly I'm blushing right now.

I walk Tanner out to the front door and watch his exchange hugs with my Father. My dad really respected Tanner. Tanner protected me, just like a brother would. And I guess that made my dad form this undeniable trust with him. Tanner bent down and plopped onto his black car and peeled gently off the driveway. The sound of the tired rolling over small pebbles was all the filled the air and I am oddly smiling for god only knows why.

"yoo-hoo," my dad says in a sing song voice while waving his hand in front of my face. I must've blanked out.

"Yeah sorry,"

"I think someone's maybe a bit tired?" Dad chuckles while guiding me back inside. I realize that I am indeed, very tired. I really just wanted to be in my comfy bed and feel my eyes close shut.

"I'm probably gonna head off to bed a bit early, I'm exhausted," I smile, "Y'know, manual labor. It really gets to you." I add in a little dramatic touch to make my dad smile.

"I'm done unpacking and all that stuff, all i've got left to do is my own bedroom and then I'll actually head off to bed as-well." Dad says as I head up the stairs. I nod back to him.

My bedroom actually looked pretty nice, better then the one I had at springfield at least. I changed into some shorts, a grey t-shirt, and threw my long coffee colored hair into a messy bun before sliding into the cool bed. Tomorrow I plan on surprising Ella that i'm back in town. God, she'll be ecstatic. I haven't seen that girl in months, the only thing keeping us together was facetime and snapchat. I close my eyes and feel today's hard work slowly wash off as I fall asleep.