Twelve

"Wh-what was that?" I couldn't help my stuttering. Everything about this felt wrong but right at the same time. Everything about this confused me.

"I'm..." He sucked in a deep breath, "I'm sorry." I watched as sorrow flooded those big and gorgeous brown eyes of his that are held oh so perfectly within his sockets. I noticed the faint tint of pink brushed across the plane of his cheeks.

"For what?" I frown in complete confusion.

"I shouldn't have kissed you." He runs a hand nervously through his gorgeous blonde hair.

"But..." I pause and try to steady my rapid heart beat. "I liked it." His gaze holds mine for what feels like forever. Finally, his lips tug into a smile and it's reassuring to me some how.

Wait, what the hell?

What in god's name did I just say?!

This is not ME. I would NEVER say that!!!

Ugh. 

But I did enjoy it. Shameful.

"I still hate you." I smirk and punch him playfully in the arm. His smile grows wider and picks me up and tosses me onto the bed. He's incredibly strong.

"Whatever you say, pretty." He slides into the bed, right next to me. I'm starting to grow fond of that nickname. 'pretty'. He's called me that ever since my first encounter with him once moved in to here again. I don't agree, but it was still a sweet nickname. Better then being called 'Tay'.

————————————————————————

Ashton's POV

Watching Taylor sleep was endearing. It was calm. Her chest rises and falls in a steady and rhythmic beat. I can't explain the way I feel for her. Or, the way she makes me feel. And oh god, kissing her... I swallow before placing my thumb gently onto her rosy lips and swiping it across her bottom one. The softness of her lips made me crave for more. For more kissing...

Her light brown strands fall carelessly around her face and I gently swipe them back behind her ear. The heat of her body radiates onto mine and it makes my heart skip a beat. She is absolutely beautiful and she doesn't even know it. Her voice— I could listen to it all day. And her smile. Oh for fucks sake, that smile could kill. She was living and breathing proof of perfection and I'm seriously the luckiest man ever just to be able to lay here by her side.

The smell of her coconut conditioner and sweet perfume filled my nose with every inhale. I let out a sigh.

"Oh taylor," I try to say as quietly as possible, "if only you knew how much control you have over me."

————————————————————————

Taylor's POV

I wake up in—what I assume— is the middle of night due to nothing but complete darkness surrounding me. Oh, and Ashton. I roll over to my side and can see Ashton, surprisingly. He's in a deep sleep and his face when he's asleep makes my heart feel whole.

My stomach growls and I groan while clutching my stomach. Oh god, please no. My stomach growls again, louder this time. I swear i'm a black hole when it comes to food. I'm surprised i'm not overweight.

I sit up in the bed and try not to wake Ashton up. I guess I'm not very good at trying to be subtle or Ashton's just a light sleeper because he's now awake and looking at me through a tired daze.

"You ok?" He says in a tired voice while sitting up with me. I notice he's shirtless and try to draw my eyes away from his defined muscles and abs.

"I'm hungry." I say guiltily and he smirks at me.

"Stop looking at me like that." I rub my eyes with my hands.

"Like what?" He bites his lower lip as he smiles.

I point to his face and raise my voice, "Like that!"

"Alright sorry, gosh." He raises his hands in surrender before getting out of bed. I follow him. He pulls out a nutrient grain bar out of his backpack and hands it to me.

"Thank you." I say while opening the delicious bar. The sweet oat and chocolate chips land so eagerly onto the imbedded taste buds on my watering tongue. Wow. I really do have an undiagnosed obsession for food.

"I love food." I say while finishing the last of the bar.

"I can tell," he raises on eyebrow as he covers himself back up with the blanket. I snake myself back into the bed and lay down on my side— facing the opposite direction of Ashton.

"Food is a necessity for life." I say matter-of-factly. I hear Ashton chuckle before he responds.

"I can't argue with you on that one."

"You shouldn't ever argue with me. I'm 99.9% right on most things." I chuckle knowing how off that statement is.

"You're right." Ashton says, reluctant to argue with me. I smile.

"Of course I am."

As I snuggle my cheek into the cold surface of the pillow, todays events reappear in my mind. The kiss— everything. Things between us were weird. Confusing.

I exhale deeply and try to push all the thoughts to the back of my mind. I can't think about all of that right now, I'm just too tired.

Sooo

Sooo... It took me six whole days just to write this short chapter. Let's just say that school is becoming more and more stressful, but I am trying the best I can to keep constant updates. Thank you guys for being so patient with me ❤️

Happy readings,
IsabellaWritess