Fourteen

Ahh, I'm so excited to see you guys reactions to this chapter. heh.

Listen to: Waking up in Vegas - Katy Perry
While reading this chapter
————————————————————————

After three-ish hours, the sound of my door bell shakes me out of my book. Damnit Ashton, of course you had to arrive right when I was getting to the good part in my book. I groan and trudge downstairs to the door. I open the door to Ashton's familiar eyes and smile.

"Welcome to mi casa." I say as I open the door wider, inviting him in. He sends a smile to my mother, whom is sitting at the kitchen table working on paperwork for her job, probably.

"Good evening, Mrs Kennedy." He says and I widen my eyes. Never knew he could be so polite.

"Oh please dear," Mom chuckles, "Just call me Sarah."

"Alright, Sarah." Ashton smiles once more. I roll my eyes at him before walking up the stairs and into my bedroom. As expected, he followed.

"Did I ever tell you that you have a cute room?" Ashton smirks and I widen my eyes, remembering that I have quotes framed onto my wall and old pictures I drew when I was only wee big.

"Oh shut up, I live for these quotes." I wave my hand around my room. Ashton walks up to one and reads it out loud.

"I do not desire mediocre love, I want to drown in someone."

"Yep." I rock on my heels.

"That's one of my favorite quotes actually. It's really expressive and it's only a few words." I smile as I stare at the aesthetically framed quote on my wall. I look up at Ashton and his gaze is intense.

"Taylor," His voice catches my full attention.

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever fallen in love?"

I think about his question, reminding me about the talk I had with mom earlier.

"Fallen in love? Nah." I bite my lower lip. His eyes fall to the ground and curiosity threatens to push me to the edge.

"Have you?" I ask and take a seat onto my bed. He sits next to me. Ashton's face looks intensely serious, and I can't help but wonder what's going through his head right now.

"Most definitely." He says firmly. Something inside me cracks a little. I don't have a damn clue why, but hearing him say he's fallen in love with another girl hurts. Bad. I feel my cheeks heat up, threatening to be submerged in tears if I'm not careful.

"Oh?" I try to say but it comes out as more of a question then a statement. Ashton finally looks into my eyes.

"I am falling in love with someone." He swallows hard. Remember taylor, curiosity killed the dog.

"Well that's good." I try to act like none of this is bothering me. I knew I shouldn't of let myself feel things for him.

"Well anyways, it was your idea to come over, so what do you want to do?" I reposition myself on my bed.

"Not sur-." Ashton's voice is cut off by his phone ringing in his pocket. He retreats the phone and I sneak a quick glance at his screen.

"Emma wants to FaceTime you..."

My heart sinks a little more.

Ashton glances at me, I shake my head letting him know that it's okay for him to answer the FaceTime.

He answers the call and a girl with loose blonde curls and dark blue eyes is on the other end. It's Emma... Rumor around school says that Emma is Ashton's girlfriend. I totally forgot that they were dating, seeming that he never really speaks about her or hangs out with her.