Fifteen

Listen to: I don't think about you - Kelly clarkson
While reading this chapter
——————————————————————

Four days, ten hours, and 34 minutes since I've spoken to Ashton. Not that I'm counting or anything.

"Okay seriously, you look miserable Tay." Ella says before taking a bite of her salad.

"I'm good, honestly." She is right though. It's Thursday and I don't think I have smiled once this week. I even forgot to do an algebra assignment. I never turn in work late!

"He said he was sorry, why can't you guys stop this whole game of ignoring each other and just kiss already?" Ella's face turns into a frustrated mess. I shrug because I honestly have nothing else to say.

"That's it." She says sternly before popping up from the lunch table.

"What? What're you doing?" I widen my eyes. This girl has gone nuts.

"If you won't speak to Ashton, then I will." And just like that, she's gone and sliding through groups of people. Ashton walks into view and Ella nearly jumps to the moon when she sees him. He's wearing a tight black shirt that squeezes around his biceps.

I try to make out what Ella is saying but lip reading is not my speciality. I watch as ashton smirks a little, almost like a relief sort of smirk, and then his gorgeous brown eyes land on me. Oh god, oh god. No no no!

I jolt up and quickly walk out into the hallway. Ashton hasn't apologized all week, therefore he's not sorry. I'm not going to start being friends with him again just because Ella said that he should get over himself. No way. I feel a rough and warm hand grab my wrist and pull me towards them.

"Who?" I ask quizzically while turning around. I'm faced to a worried Ashton. We are so close that our chests are touching each other and it makes me feel uneasy.

"Ashton?" I try to hide the faint blush that is most definitely patted onto my cheeks.

"We need to talk." He says demandingly and drags me down the hall. He brings us into a closet— a janitors closet as it appears. I contort my face into confusion.

"Listen, I know Ella told you to do this." I say.

"Well, actually I was planning on doing this. Ella just coincidentally came to me as well." He runs a hand through his hair. I stay quiet, he's the one who has all the explaining to do anyways.

"I'm sorry. Yes Emma is my girlfriend, if you can even call it that. I didn't tell her that I was hanging out with you because..." He pauses and I raise my eyes brows to convince him to push further.

"Because she knows how much more better you are then her. You're beautiful, smart, caring, all that shit. And she will attack you, tear you down. She's so insecure and you are her biggest challenge." I watch his eyes search mine for any thoughts I am having.

Emma? Seeing me as a challenge? Well then.

"Oh." I lower my gaze to the ground.

"Well I'm sorry for exploding on you, I shouldn't have. I don't see why she sees me as competition. We are just friends, right?" I look up at his eyes again and wait for a response.

"If that's what you wanna call us, pretty." He winks at me. Great, the cocky Ashton has returned.

"So if you don't love her, why be with her?" I ask genuinely confused.

"Well, she's convinced everyone that we are a couple when we really aren't. she's stuck in this delusional state and I haven't broken the ice yet because I never found a reason too." I nod slowly.

"But you're a damn good reason, so I should probably start the ice breaking." He smiles softly and I feel my heart race. Oh god.

"Whatever." I chuckle and playfully punch his shoulder.

I'm glad that Ashton and I are back to our old selves. My life has been so colorless without him. Ashton is like my oxygen. And I can't resist breathing brown.

 And I can't resist breathing brown

YES I DID JUST DO THAT. YOU ARE VERY WELCOME!

Who is your guys favorite character?

Also, if you have any questions, leave them here! I will gladly answer them.

Love you guys
IsabellaWritess