Sixteen

"So I take it that you and Ashton are on talking terms again?" Ella asks as she slams her locker shut. She struggles to get her books into her backpack and I bite my tongue so I don't laugh at her.

"Yeah, I guess." I shrug, trying to hide my beaming happiness that is bouncing against my stomach lining.

"What?" I ask.

"Hmm?" She says so innocently. I might just punch her.

"Why are you giving me that look?"

"No reason." She says quickly and we head to to the parking lot. The sun is beaming down onto the black pavement and the feeling of my body soaking up its vitamins is refreshing.

"I can tell that you like him Tay." Ella says nonchalant as she unlocks her car. Are my emotions really that obvious?

"Maybe a little. I don't know. Never wanna date him though." I slide into the passengers seat and find an unopened bag of skittles sitting in the cup holder. God is good.

"Ahem." Ella raises her eyebrow at me as she watches me pour the sugary sweets into my mouth. I didn't really get to eat most of my lunch so...

"Oh sorry." I say through a mouth full of rainbow skittles.

•••

We get to my house and sit on the back porch because of how sunny and nice it was outside. Ella is somewhere in her own thoughts... And also very busy texting away at her phone. I don't really see what the whole obsession with phones and social media and all that crap is. I mean, if posting never-ending selfies and food pictures is what makes you spiritually happy, go for it. I on the other hand, find happiness in reading. Or playing with my little pomeranian— King. I scoop up king and hold him onto my lap, petting his back which is now increasingly more hot since he's been pouncing around in the sun.

"You think we should invite him over?" Ella says, breaking the peace. I contemplate this. I wouldn't mind having him over. The more the merrier, right?

"Yeah I guess," I try to subside the goofy grin on my face "text him to come over."

Ella's thumbs start typing away at her poor cracked iPhone. That poor phone has suffered so many drops and throws, I'm surprised it still even works. She finishes off her text to Ashton and then slams her phone face down onto the decor table. I try not to cringe and worry that she might've really topped the cake with that one. She picks her phone up and examined the screen and when she exhales and sets it back down, I get the understanding that no harm was done.

"So?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"He said he's on his way. He also said that he's not coming to see you, he's coming to see King." She smiles and looks at King before scooping him up onto her lap. I roll my eyes to the back of my skull. That is totally something that Ashton would say.

"He's a real jerk, Ya know." I try to convince her. I watch as she's busy babying king and I let out an exhale. That dog really is so spoiled.

After twenty more minutes of soaking in the suns vitamins (being fried to crisp) and watching Ella play with King, the back fence starts to wiggle. My heart begins to pace faster. Someone's trying to open the gate door!

"Oh god I cant die i'm way to young." I gasp and Ella chuckles at me. Little does she know— I'm sincerely frightened. After another split second of me accepting the fact that Ella and I are about to get kidnapped, the brown eyed boy walks in. He runs a hand through his hair with an equally gorgeous smiled to go along.

"That fence is hard to open." He scurries up to the deck, pulling up a chair next to me. I continue to stare at him wide eyed.

"I thought you were some 45 year old single man trying to kidnap us!" I throw my hands up in the air. Ella and Ashton get a crack out of this and laugh.

They laugh for almost five minutes.

"Seriously? Not funny." I cross my arms and lean back into my chair. They may find this funny, but I was sincerely concerned for my safety.

"Oh Taylor, you really are something else." Ashton says after he sobers up from his laughing fit.

What a freaking jerk. I invite him over and this is what I get? Great.

SOOOOOO?!?! I RELEASED A CHAPTER AND ITS ALMOST SUMMER BREAK?!

YES. YES. YES.

I'm so excited for summer break— more frequent updates!!!!

I also didn't have any good song to pair with this chapter... So it's all up to you guys for this one! xx

I love you guys, stay golden.

IsabellaWritess