Ten

Listen to: Jessie Ware - Say You Love Me
   While reading this chapter

——————————————————————

"Come on Tay!" Ella bounced on her heels as she begged me out of my own sanity.

"It'll be fun." Connor adds in as he comes up behind me slings his sweaty and muscular arm around my shoulders. I look over at Ashton and notice how his jaw is set into a sharp line.

"I hate swimming." I groan as I try to sneak out of Connors embrace as subtly as possible. I was telling the truth though. It's not that I didn't know how to swim, I just don't like physical activity. Not my kind of thing, Y'know?

"Take off your shirt and shorts right now." Ella demands. I snap my head towards her with eyes bigger than the sun.

What on heavens earth did she just say?

Ella grabs my hand and quickly tugs me into one of the cabins. This girl has gone absolute crazy. She's a madman!

"Well you didn't bring a bathing suit, did you?" She asks while eyeing me head to toe.

"Uhh," I pause, "No? Did you?"

"I always have a spare bikini in my trunk for surprise road trips like these." She winks and her eyes sparkle in the dimness of the wooden cabin. This girl would be prepared for an apocalypse.

I let out a deep sigh before cautiously pulling off my shirt and shorts. I'm so self conscious about my body, and even more so knowing that the four hottest boys in town are right outside.

As I stand there, skimpy and hardly covered in clothes, I watch Ella examine my body.

"GIRL YOU LOOK HOT!" She squeals and embraces me into an uncomfortable hug. I looked hot? No. Nonsense Taylor, she's only saying that because as my best friend, it's her duty too.

"I don't wanna go out there. They'll judge me." I scowl as she pushes me out of the cabin. We make our way towards the boys and Ashton's eyes land on me immediately. His rosy lips turn into a big goofy smile. These boys and their hormones, ugh. We all walk towards the big lake and I decide that I'm not really comfortable with diving in right away so I take a seat along the edge of the water. The water was actually pretty clean. It was scenic and beautiful.

"Hey." Ashton whispers into my ear, causing me to jump. I watch him slide down next to me. He's sitting so uncomfortably close that I can see a faint, very faint trail of freckles across his cheeks. I smile. His brown eyes dig deep into mine, as usual. I wondered where he learned to obtain such good eye contact skills from.

"You..I mean.. Like uh," He runs a hand through his hair as he stumbles across his words.

"You look beautiful."

My heart could've and should've beat right through my chest cavity and plop to the grass.

Beautiful?

Ugh, why the hell do I care about what he thinks about me? I'm suppose to hate him. So why do I care?

"Why me?" I ask while gazing back up at him under my eyelashes. He frowns before replying.

"What do you mean?" I felt his hot and minty breath fam against my cheek, sending a thousand little shocks through out my body, sparking at my rapid pulsating veins.

"Why do you compliment me? Why do you talk to me?" I felt my cheeks heat up and tears form in the ducts of my eyelids.

"Oh taylor." He says leaving only my thoughts to invade me. But for some weirdly odd reason, anger began to form in a lump at the bottom of my throat. I had all these questions and he acted so nonchalant about everything.

"Seriously?!" I yell and stand up. My cheeks are probably hot enough to melt metal and I swallow to try and prevent the tears from rolling to my face. I didn't want to ruin everyone else's fun time so I start pacing back to the cabin. Ashton follows me and it only angers me more. I slam the cabin door behind me only for it to soon be opened again. I feel a warm and slightly rough hand grab my wrist.

"Don't touch me!" I yell and choke back tears. I am so emotionally confused. My brain tells me no but my heart tells me yes. I hated and loved everything about him. That's what makes me angry.

"Taylor," His voice soft and a little shaky.

"No Ashton." I say sternly as I turn around to face him. "YOU make me feel so... So..." I try to think of the word.

"So what?" He frowns in confusion.

"SO CONFUSED! I hate you Ashton. I hate the way you look at me and the way you follow me and the way you act so narcissistic." I say and watch his brown eyes turn into a shade of sadness. I didn't even know that was humanly possible.

"But it's so fucking weird! It really is." I exhale deeply. "Because I love the way you do those things to. You make me smile. You make my life fun and enjoyable." The hot tears stream down my face. Ashton's face is clouded with remorse and he pulls me into his hard chest.

"I just don't understand this." I say as I confuse to cry into his chest.

"It's okay taylor." He wraps his hand around the back of my head and rests his lips on the top.

"It's okay." He repeats in more of a whisper.

"I'm sorry." I say through sharp breaths. I don't know why I was crying so damn hard. Bottling up emotions can be dangerous, I guess.

"For what?" He says gently while embracing me even tighter. This only made me feel more safe and secure.

"For ruining this. I'm so sorry."

"You didn't ruin today at all Taylor. It's okay to cry. It's human to cry." He places a kiss on the top of my head before scooping me up and laying me onto the bed. He slides in next to me and lays onto his side so he can see my face clearly. My sobbing slowly turns into just a heated face and a little pang of sadness. That was bearable.

"I'm just so lost." I exhale one more time. Ashton's eyes never leave my face but it begins to become more comfortable. My eyelids slowly, slowly shut. I just needed to sleep this off. That's what I've always done.

sleep it off.

SOOO I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN 2 DAYS

SOOO I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN 2 DAYS. UGH! I'm sorry guys, school has been so busy and stressful and I've been so sleep deprived it's not even funny. But, here's your chapter!

I formed a tad bit of writers block with this chapter but I am happy with how it turned out. Hope you guys are too. :)

I love you guys. xx

IsabellaWritess