Chapter 37

Dick whistled as he walked into Nate and Barry’s shared lab , “Wow this is nice , so spacious , so rustic , so light . “

“So how’s my favorite aunt doing ?” he asked as he hopped onto her desk sitting there .

“I’m not your aunt .” Nate grumbled .

“Sister of my adoptive father , kinda makes you my aunt . “ he taunted back twirling one of her pens between his fingers as he would his escrima sticks .

“Woah you’re his aunt ?” berry asked as he emerged through the door . Nate sighed , sunning a hand through her tangled hair .” It’s complicated . “she said to Barry , before turning to Dick again . “And I’m four years older than you , could you not call me your aunt . “

Dick just chuckled , before hopping off her desk , and heading over to Barry . “Hi , I’m Dick Grayson . “ he said sticking his hand out which Barry  took , still a bit taken aback by the new information , “Oh so your name is actually Dick ? I just thought Nate was in a really bad mood . I’m Barry Allen , forensics . “ Barry replied giving a friendly smile .

“Who’s to say I’m not ?” Nate huffed as she crossed her arms leaning against her desk.  The lack of more evidence as well as her lack of sleep and food has not helped her mood , and she is still no closer to catching Greyson , and what’s worse now it started to mess with her head .

“Why are you here Dick?” she asked . He opened his mouth to reply , but she cut him off , “And don’t think I’m stupid , the departments exchange is only a cover up for you to get here , so spill . “

“Fine , Bruce heard you were struggling with a case , and that you were not staying whelmed about it , with you not eating or sleeping . So he arranged the exchange , so that I could help you , I am the best detective in the family .” he said wiggling his eyebrows .

“Whatever bird brain , well I’m fine now , ok so you can leave , and tell Bruce that if I need help , I’ll ask . “ she said and bumped his shoulder as she pushed past him , heading for the exit .

“No you’re not . “ Barry said , causing her to stop in her tracks .

“No ok , you … you shut up , if it wasn’t for you calling my brother I would not be in this mess …” she started poking his chest , their faces inches apart .

“How did you … “ Barry started , but Nate interrupted him .

“Detective Barry , “ she said pointing to herself , “… so from now on would you just let me handle my own messes . “ she said before storming off .

He started to follow her , but Dick just placed his arm in front of Barry stopping him , “She just needs some time to cool off , I’ll go talk to her . “ he said , letting his arm fall and turning to Follow Nate , but before he was out the door he turned “I’ve heard a lot  about you though . “ he said before leaving .

What the hell is that supposed to mean ? Barry thought .

*

*

*

The bell of Jitters jingled , as Dick entered , he had followed Nate to the coffee shop ,though at a bit of a distance as not to seem to obvious or to alert her .

She was sitting at a table near the window with an enormous cup of caffeine in front of her, as she took slow sips . She didn’t look up  as the bell signaled the entrance of a new customer or as he sat down in front of her . It was easy enough for her to sense his presence .